Over 600 miles

Steven Smith

Steven Smith

Hi. I'm new to this site so really don't know what I'm doing. I purchased a scooter. It's done 35 miles over 600. I am unable to book in a service with what's going on. I understand completely but do I not ride the scooter cause of the warranty side of things and is 35 miles over ok? 

Exceledsteve

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about it too much. You're probably not riding much at the moment anyway but if you do, ride like you're still running it in, because you are. the first oil and filter change, and a general check over that things are still done up tight is the important thing. A few extra miles won't make any difference if you ride it sensibly. 

Edited by Exceledsteve

The dealers understand the predicament at the moment so try not to overdo things. Keep it under a thousand miles and they will understand. 

The alternative is to use the manufacturers oil filter, and specified oil and do the service yourself keeping the receipt. Check coolant level and all other bits are tight.

unless you are an essential worker you aren’t going to do much mileage anyway. Apart for a trip to the doctors pharmacy for a repeat prescription my NC has done 5 miles in the past three weeks. 
I keep the battery topped up every fortnight.........

trisaki

Where in the country are you 

listener
5 hours ago, Steven Smith said:

Hi. I'm new to this site so really don't know what I'm doing. I purchased a scooter. It's done 35 miles over 600. I am unable to book in a service with what's going on. I understand completely but do I not ride the scooter cause of the warranty side of things and is 35 miles over ok? 

I wouldn't worry too much; the current 'scare' gives you a valid excuse for missing the schedule.

In any case, I still wouldn't worry.

I put on just over 800 miles on my Deauville (or was it the 650 Trannie?) before I put it in for it's 600 mile service. The earth didn't blow up, I didn't die, and Honda didn't sue me. :)

• Like 1

Our car was due in for its first service on the day of the government shutdown so I call our Honda dealer and they told me not to bother taking it in and that it also would not effect our warranty due to the unusual circumstances .

Exceledsteve
8 hours ago, Steven Smith said:

By the Way Steven, which scooter are you riding? Don't hold out on us. We want make, model and cc, and Trisaki wants to know where you are. Not because he's a stalker (probably), more likely if you're near him he'll help you out, because that's how this forum rolls. 

alhendo1

Hi Steven...I had occasion to email Honda in the past about this kind of scenario....my question was how far over the official 8k service you could go in miles and time if need be and also whether you had to use a Honda main dealer or not for servicing  (you don't but they word it in such a way that they'd rather you do)....their answer was 500 miles and 2 months....I'm quite sure this would be fine for the 600 mile service.....you could always drop them an email for peace of mind but I'm sure with the ongoing Covid situation there wouldn't be a problem.

Edited by alhendo1