Service interval ?? (NC750X)

FinnMike

I keep reading everywhere that the service interval of the NC750X is 8.000mi but the maintenance schedule in the user manual states a maintenance every 4.000mi.

Does anybody here know what is demanded for the warranty to be valid?

My downloaded service booklet shows 8000 mile intervals after first 600 miles.

Ditto:

Edit:  but remember in the cold wet dark UK, in the warm dry air of Spain it could be less...

well you may need a new air filtre more regularly..

Edited by kayz1
Andy m
6 minutes ago, kayz1 said:

Ditto:

Edit:  but remember in the cold wet dark UK, in the warm dry air of Spain it could be less...

well you may need a new air filtre more regularly..

Unlikely, most US oil analysis shows you can double the stated intervals without risk. The air filter is very likely the same.

The 4000 mile figure could well be for Asia. Where the competition is old Enfields and Chinese 125's the market will stand for it. This is the biggest factor in setting the service interval, what the market will stand. Nothing related to the engineering, just how many parts they can sell before you decide to switch brands.

Andy

• Like 1

OK, now I understand ... I have downloaded the USA version of the manual, the European original (in the frunk) says 8.000mi. I just assumed it is the same in all countries.

Thanks for clarifying !

• Like 2
On 10/14/2020 at 00:03, Andy m said:

Unlikely, most US oil analysis shows you can double the stated intervals without risk. The air filter is very likely the same.

The 4000 mile figure could well be for Asia. Where the competition is old Enfields and Chinese 125's the market will stand for it. This is the biggest factor in setting the service interval, what the market will stand. Nothing related to the engineering, just how many parts they can sell before you decide to switch brands.

Andy

Here in Korea the manual calls for oil change at 3,000 miles and oil filter every 8,000 miles. Most of us in Asia ride in heavily congested  traffic and used in cities primarily.  Hours of use is more important factor than how many miles traveled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...