adjustment of the latch mechanism for the tank storage compartment

Guest california kid

Guest california kid

Hello to all 700 owners. Well my tank latch does not seem as tight as it should be. so loosened the 2 allen head screws in the inside of the storage compartment, the horizontal ones on the side. so no movement of latch. so at that point loosened the two top or vertical screws at top of latch. still no movement to latch mehanism. so i'm woundering if i have to take half the plastics off this scooter just to adjust the latching mechanism ? Looking for some advise from the forum . Thanks for the help in advance, and all ride safe an sane.

Guest Furryarteries

Have the same problem as you do on my NC700X. Seems to me the hatch should close a lot tighter than it does, sloppy work from Honda I think! Will be interseting to see what comeback you get.

Mike5100

hmmmm there's a big spongey rubber seal around the edge, and although my hatch lid looks like it COULD go tighter down, I have been in some torrential rain and it hasn't leaked, so maybe it's designed like that?

Mike

Guest lancer58

hmmmm there's a big spongey rubber seal around the edge, and although my hatch lid looks like it COULD go tighter down, I have been in some torrential rain and it hasn't leaked, so maybe it's designed like that?

Mike

I agree. I've used a pressure washer on the bike and no sign of a leak