Lowering nc750 rear brake pedal

xxxfb

Hi. I've just got an Nc 750dct and want to lower the rear brake pedal (knee problems). I've adjusted it on the brake light switch adjustment but need some more. Looking at the manual, the pics don't seem to indicate that there's any adjustment on the pedal pivot itself, eg. a spline system like there is on many other bikes.

Can anyone please confirm that this is the case and suggest any other possible remedy. 
Thanks,

Mike

Slowboy

There is adjustment on the pedal, the shaft from the rear of the pedal to the rear master cylinder is threaded, or at least I seem to remember it was in my NC700x. I was able to adjust or there. Sorry I don’t have photos or a sketch, but from what I remember it was reasonably straightforward if a bit fiddly.

Edited by slowboy
  • Thanks 1
Andy m

Item 19 is threaded to 14 IIRC

Screenshot-20201122-171236.png

Andy

Thanks for those, that’s what I, probably wrongly, called the brake light switch, lol. Yes it does adjust on that and yes it is fiddly but it doesn’t give me as much adjustment as I remember getting on my 700x.

Oh well, more flexibility exercises!
Cheers

Mike

Just make a longer rod>>>:D

Andy m

Weld another nut to the yoke (19) to gain 4-6mm of thread? Not recommended as it is a critical brake component, but probably safe enough to do. 

Andy

My equivalent of brain surgery:blink:. Very clever but beyond me! I might have a look at the footrest part of the pedal.

Mike