Engine paint colour

Steve698

Does anyone have an idea as to the colour of the engine paint or should I say the crankcase and clutch housing covers on the NC750X, it looks like a dark metallic grey.

• 4 weeks later...
Slowboy

I tend to wet and dry it back and then use a rattle can silver that’s closest (to my eye) and lacquer it. Then do it again when it needs doing. Don’t think Honda list it as a “colour”.

49 minutes ago, slowboy said:

I tend to wet and dry it back and then use a rattle can silver that’s closest (to my eye) and lacquer it. Then do it again when it needs doing. Don’t think Honda list it as a “colour”.

Thanks that is where I was heading, contacted Honda direct and they tell me they don't keep records of engine colours and to contact a colour matching company at 4x the price of a small touch up paint, think I'll fly by the seat of me pants. Does normal paint and lacquer hold up ok ?

LL15-XRG-013.jpg

Edited by Steve698
Slowboy
1 hour ago, Steve698 said:

Thanks that is where I was heading, contacted Honda direct and they tell me they don't keep records of engine colours and to contact a colour matching company at 4x the price of a small touch up paint, think I'll fly by the seat of me pants. Does normal paint and lacquer hold up ok ?

LL15-XRG-013.jpg

Sand it back well and use an etch primer. I find that works fine.