nc750x front master cyclinder capacity / mixing dot 4

Steveg

Hi

Recently had 16 k service done with brake fluid change

Noticed that the front pads are down to 2mm , got some more EBC HH front pads , but will have to drain some brake fluid out as full when clean pistons and push them in for new pads

Thinking of using a syringe to take some brake fluid out so I can adjust brake fluid level with new pads using this brake fluid in syringe so I don't have to buy any brake fluid

Just wondering how much the front brake master cyclinder holds?

got a 10mm syringe but think it won't be big enough ? therefore thinking of getting a bigger syringe , other option is to just buy a small brake fluid can get some worth dot 4 fot £4 for 250mls

Is it ok to top up with worth dot 4 brake fluid , its got castrol dot 4 in already ?

cheers Steveg

Edited by Steveg
Andy m

Why not just crack the bleed nipple, give it a squeeze to drop the level, fit the new pads and top up from there? 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Why not just crack the bleed nipple, give it a squeeze to drop the level, fit the new pads and top up from there? 

Andy

Are there any issue, special things needed to do as the system has ABS, when I drained my BMW which had ABS I couldnt get it to bleed properly and had to get the dealer to repressure the system. It was fun riding over there with virtually no brakes :)

• Sad 1
Andy m

If its full and stays full throughout (reservoir does not empty) there won't be any problems. You are just pushing fluid through. 

If you had to take a pipe off and it needed actually bleeding they vary. Mostly a speed bleeder, getting a vacuum on the nipple, will make it easy while a jam jar needs patience . Some (Harley springs to mind) need the pump to cycle because the manufacturers stuffed up the installation and left air traps. I dread to think what the Bavarians will have done, they seem to look at what works for the other seven major manufacturers and then deliberately do anything except that. I'm surprised they use round wheels, I mean BMW system Evo-Hex ones will never roll off the stand! 

Andy

• Haha 3