NC750 - Key in the trunk? No problem

nikita

Hey!

I found this forum and community very welcoming and helpful, therefore I'm glad to give something back to yous, my friends!

I locked my key in trunk - I believe many has been there and know the frustration, when it looks like you will have to damage bike to get out of this situation. Forum did not reveal any acceptable solution so I discovwred it myswlf. So below is nearly damage-less approach.

Lift as much as you can the left side of trunk. See the two hexagonal  screws. Unscrew them with L shaped small key. 

Force to open the plastics. I ended breaking one fixing at the back of the plastic, but thats nothing critical and not visible from outside. Later you can weld it back. Unscrew the black plastic on the top left, so you can now see the actual inner side of lock mechanism from the side. Take the long (30cm) metal srewdriver or smth and poke the mechanism - and boot will magically open. I have all the pictures but don't know how to upload them, so please provide me instructions. 

P.s. happy Xmas my fellas!

Elf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Rocker66

Hi thanks for the tip. In return I have sent you a PM describing an easy and free way of posting pictures which I hope may help.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 26/12/2020 at 11:33, nikita said:

Hey!

I found this forum and community very welcoming and helpful, therefore I'm glad to give something back to yous, my friends!

I locked my key in trunk - I believe many has been there and know the frustration, when it looks like you will have to damage bike to get out of this situation. Forum did not reveal any acceptable solution so I discovwred it myswlf. So below is nearly damage-less approach.

Lift as much as you can the left side of trunk. See the two hexagonal  screws. Unscrew them with L shaped small key. 

Force to open the plastics. I ended breaking one fixing at the back of the plastic, but thats nothing critical and not visible from outside. Later you can weld it back. Unscrew the black plastic on the top left, so you can now see the actual inner side of lock mechanism from the side. Take the long (30cm) metal srewdriver or smth and poke the mechanism - and boot will magically open. I have all the pictures but don't know how to upload them, so please provide me instructions. 

P.s. happy Xmas my fellas!

Elf

Hello, I would've to see the pics if you're still around