ACF50 Cleaning Service in Sussex

Guest smortimer

Guest smortimer

Anyone here live in Sussex

Do you know if there is somewhere that does an ACF50 cleaning service? Done a Google search and can't find anyone.

I know doing myself is messy and time consuming but to be honest after seeing how ACF work i'm more than happy to use the spray can ,, brush and a some old towels .

But i will ask a friend that live down in Sussex near Brighton if he know any place ...

Mike5100

Don't know whether Southampton is too far away but I know the Allyearbiker franchisee down there and he's a genuine guy. If I can find his email address I will PM you

Mike

Guest EasyTiger

Don't know whether Southampton is too far away but I know the Allyearbiker franchisee down there and he's a genuine guy. If I can find his email address I will PM you

Mike

is Ivan Waters your man, Mike? The names and contact details are on that site if you click on the location map pin.

Phone: 07525 202280. Email: ivan.waters AT allyearbiker.co.uk

Edited by EasyTiger
Mike5100

yep - Ivan's your man.

Mike

Rev Ken

I've had my bikes done by Roy, (allyearbiker) and now his franchised operators, since almost from when he started. I'm going again in a couple of weeks time and would recommend the work done to protect your bike from the worst ravages of salt and rain. Once it has had 'the treatment' which takes time and is very detailed - the bike of course goes much faster and is far smoother. Well it feels that way! :D

Mike5100

Don't know about you Ken, but I reckon Roy and his oppo's could offer a premium service where they valet the bike as well. I know the bike looks good when it's been ACF'ed but after I have had a bike for a year, I would love for it to be put back to near showroom condition, and if they were already on site doing the ACF, then I'd pay them a chunk more money to detail it.

Mike

Rev Ken

Don't know about you Ken, but I reckon Roy and his oppo's could offer a premium service where they valet the bike as well. I know the bike looks good when it's been ACF'ed but after I have had a bike for a year, I would love for it to be put back to near showroom condition, and if they were already on site doing the ACF, then I'd pay them a chunk more money to detail it.

Mike

Frankly I think the result is pretty near showroom condition - but then perhaps my eyesight is going..... :oldfart:

poldark

Although it was a while back, when I had Roy do my TDM it was a "full service" deal, they clean the bike thoroughly before applying the ACF50.

Another key point is they apply the ACF through compressed air fine mist system, not out of a spray can. So it gets everywhere, I have a can too but can never get that sort of coverage myself, even warming the can the application isn't fine enough & although brushing on is better it would be very hard to get into every nook & cranny.

Mike5100

It's maybe not so important on the NC with painted rims but on my Rocket it takes 4 hours (for me) to get the rims looking good as they are bare aluminium. And in any case when they do the ACF50 they cover the wheels so that the stuff doesn't go on the brakes. But generally a bike prepared for the showroom has had work done on all the brakes/discs/banjo joints etc. And they don't take off any fairings so generally the shampooing isn't going to get to the nuts and bolts behind there. Mind you - where do you stop :-)

Mike

Guest smortimer

I've managed to find somewhere. The dealer I got my bike from, sods law. £40 and have it booked in next Thursday. All I'm hoping for now is that the weather is going to be decent...

Rocker66

I've had my bikes done by Roy, (allyearbiker) and now his franchised operators, since almost from when he started. I'm going again in a couple of weeks time and would recommend the work done to protect your bike from the worst ravages of salt and rain. Once it has had 'the treatment' which takes time and is very detailed - the bike of course goes much faster and is far smoother. Well it feels that way! :D

I have just discovered that there is a franchise here in ashford so I'm seriously considering getting our bikes done

I've managed to find somewhere. The dealer I got my bike from, sods law. £40 and have it booked in next Thursday. All I'm hoping for now is that the weather is going to be decent...

I would be wary about how they are going to do it. Is it a pressurised misting or just from an aerosol can?
Rocker66

I would be wary about how they are going to do it. Is it a pressurised misting or just from an aerosol can?

There are details on their website. just google All year biker

There are details on their website. just google All year biker

That's what I mean, I'm sure All year Biker do it properly, but the OP is getting it done by his dealer. I had a bike done by Bahrnstormers and they just used an aerosol, although it was £25 IIRC.
Guest smortimer

They did say that it would be done outside because of the fumes, so I am assuming aerosol...

Is that a bad thing?

Edited by smortimer
Rocker66

If they are doing it by aerrosol surely you could do it yourself and save the labour cost.

Guest smortimer

I'll ring them again tomorrow and get some clarification. I don't know whether they meant fumes from other bike exhaust, it would be done in their workshop if it rains.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jdearauj

Just booked my halo smart clean with Jon @ www.allyearbiker.com for a session down in Guildford on the 10th November. Great service from allyearbiker.com and Jon. Will let you all know how it goes when it is done.

Thanks for all the advice and information. Was planning on doing the clean myself, but as it is the first time a bike of mine is being coated with ACF-50 I thought I better get it done professionally.