Steve1962

Supercub

Steve1962

Just stumbled on this on YT........ a bit of a road trip by 2 guys on Supercubs in the US......

• Like 4

Mr Toad

It's not what you ride, it's where you ride it. 

Great video.

• Like 4

Andy m

Light, low, reliable, inobtrusive, efficient , what's not to like as a travel bike? 

One of them might want to reassess his luggage requirements though. At least there is no silliness like carrying spare tyres (because only the ones they sell at home work right!). 

Andy

• Like 1

Defender
23 hours ago, Mr Toad said:

It's not what you ride, it's where you ride it. 

Great video.

Absolutely right, you can tour almost any bike if you want to?

Rocker66
3 minutes ago, Defender said:

Absolutely right, you can tour almost any bike if you want to?

Very true until recently I was reading on FB the updates of a guys round the world trip on a Monkey 125.

• Like 2

Defender
2 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Very true until recently I was reading on FB the updates of a guys round the world trip on a Monkey 125.

My riding buddy was up in 'the Lakes' a couple of years ago and was camping next to a couple of guys on Groms (MSX 125's) that were doing LeJog, rather them than me given the Grom/MSX's seat comfort or lack of it!

• Like 1

horobags

Ive just bought a 13 year old innova to tidy up and use, fantastic underrated machines. Years ago I did a camp trip all round Wales on one, about 400 miles over a long weekend. It took it in its stride, regular fill ups was the only gripe, but no biggie, one of my biking highlights.

• Like 2

slowboy
9 minutes ago, horobags said:

Ive just bought a 13 year old innova to tidy up and use, fantastic underrated machines. Years ago I did a camp trip all round Wales on one, about 400 miles over a long weekend. It took it in its stride, regular fill ups was the only gripe, but no biggie, one of my biking highlights.

And as Mr Horobags knows from “another place” the Super Cub is really just an Innova in a fancy frock. Both cracking bikes for doing a long trip on at a gentlemanly pace, if you can come to terms with the regular fuel stops because of the tiny tanks (they do 120+ mph mind😁). Surprisingly capable.

• Like 3