Sign in to follow this  
wpbrown

new to me R Nine T Sport

slowboy

Very nice @wpbrown. The BMW R9T was always a looker in my opinion, and that kit just enhances it further. They certainly do have a very high ‘look back’ factor.👍

• Like 1

Tel

I'm jealous, I love R9Ts....enjoy! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

cartejo5

Me as well, I've fancied a r9t urban gs since they were launched. 

• Like 2

Rocker66
15 minutes ago, cartejo5 said:

I was looking at one in the car park at Kent M/Cs on Saturday and commented to Sue that it certainly looks like my sort of bike. Unfortunately on Arrival back home I researched it in the BMW web site only to discover that the seat height rules it out for me despite it not looking tall.

• Like 1

wpbrown
16 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

I was looking at one in the car park at Kent M/Cs on Saturday and commented to Sue that it certainly looks like my sort of bike. Unfortunately on Arrival back home I researched it in the BMW web site only to discover that the seat height rules it out for me despite it not looking tall.

The RNineT Classic (which the Sport is based on) is only 780mm seat height. Plus the fact the seat in narrow. I'm 5'9" and can fully flat foot it no problem. It's weight is 222kg but with the boxer twin it's all very low down. At slow speed and approaching junctions I find I have much more confidence than I did on my NC750X. My 2014 750X had a seat height of 830mm I believe. Coupled with the higher centre of gravity that was really stretching my limit.

You should have seat on one, it may surprise you.

• Like 1

wpbrown
55 minutes ago, cartejo5 said:

Yes, I love the Urban GS with the gold wheels. Unfortunately my legs aren't long enough.

• Like 1

Rocker66
10 minutes ago, wpbrown said:

The RNineT Classic (which the Sport is based on) is only 780mm seat height. Plus the fact the seat in narrow. I'm 5'9" and can fully flat foot it no problem. It's weight is 222kg but with the boxer twin it's all very low down. At slow speed and approaching junctions I find I have much more confidence than I did on my NC750X. My 2014 750X had a seat height of 830mm I believe. Coupled with the higher centre of gravity that was really stretching my limit.

You should have seat on one, it may surprise you.

It was the Urban GS I was referring to which has a seat height of 850 mm so way too tall for me to manage.

• Like 1

cartejo5
17 minutes ago, wpbrown said:

Yes, I love the Urban GS with the gold wheels. Unfortunately my legs aren't long enough.

Bummer, my legs are long enough sadly my pockets aren’t deep enough!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ciaran1602
47 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

It was the Urban GS I was referring to which has a seat height of 850 mm so way too tall for me to manage.

I believe there's a low seat which drops this to 820mm. Can't speak to what effect that would have on comfort though...

• Like 2

MatBin

I loved my R80RT, bit rough and shook sideways when blipped but I knew when I was on it I was on my bike and not in my car. Glad you are enjoying your horizontally opposed flat twin :) mine went round the clock, nearly twice actually without any serious issues. I never name bikes but I named that one Brunhilde because of the torque.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

larryblag
On 03/05/2021 at 10:39, cartejo5 said:

Met a bloke at Ashbourne who had just bought one of those. A previous owner of Gee Esses for many years he didn't need the weight, height and complexity of a GS any more and opted for the 9T urbane. He was besotted. I'd have had one too by now except for lack of appropriate pillion accommodation. 

• Like 3