NC 750 XD

HondaJohn

HondaJohn

Out of the blue my 2019 750XD failed to start this morning. Solid line in the gear selector window. 
Normal starting procedure followed. Several attempts then rolling bike backwards and forwards ignition on gear in N and it seemed to sort itself out. 
Any ideas?

Possibly low battery charge and left in gear when engine was switched off. The battery then not having enough go in it to put the bike in neutral when switched on again son wouldn't start because still in gear. At least that's what I think I remember from several past posts.

• Like 1
Slowboy

@HondaJohn, have you got a USB charger connected to the battery? They have a habit of flattening a battery if the bikes left for a while. Either way it’s a classic low battery symptom.

• 3 months later...
Davidogilvie

Hi i have a 2018 dct....i have the same problem bike wont start but battery is fully charged...i always as habit ensure bike is in neutral before switching off...bike was sitting for 4 days...hiss light still flashing and display all lit up as normal before starting but wouldnt kick over...checked battery and is full of charge...

Full charge doesn't really mean a lot if it's not under load. Early 2018 would now have a 4 year old battery, under certain circumstances that could be an end of life situation.

Davidogilvie
9 minutes ago, Davidogilvie said:

Well fingers crossed its an easy fix will get a new battery just incase...nest step will be spark plug...

Battery been charged and bike has started...so i guess either faulty battery or something is draining it 

• Thanks 1