Misfuel

Robi55

Tonyj

Well I’ve already sent a pidgeon  to Greta so no dumping the fuel:0)

• Haha 1

I appreciate the non-judgemental replies. And yes Andy, the mechanic did have the decency to call and to say the job involves lots of bodywork removal/replacing. Even I can see the funny side of the fact that it hasn't even had its 600 mile oil change.....that comes in a couple of weeks. Oh jeez. Maybe after that I can move on and start enjoying it. That said, even with my limited time on the bike so far, it's definitely growing on me. 

• Like 3
PoppetM
On 14/06/2021 at 18:28, Tex said:

Miss fuel a Mercedes and a Merc main dealer will want to replace a shed load of parts including (drum roll) the ECU! The bill a cool £3K plus! And that was 12 years ago before I retired.

But they’re always robbing sods.

Yep the robbing sods bit! Requested new battery and an oil change = £600.  When I came down from the ceiling they explained that despite only doing 1200 miles in it's life, the book said it was due a 2nd service (major) so they did that anyway.

Two weeks later the battery was dead. I called and complained. "Mrs Poppet we don't replace the battery because the client tells us to do so, it's not environmentally responsible".

So despite me informing them the RAC recovery said the battery had dead cells and needed replacing bearing in mind the car was sat for 12 months stationery on their forecourt unsold, they charged me £135 to put the sodding the dead battery on charge overnight, which I could have done for free in my own garage for it to fail and keel over one last time. "Mrs Poppet, bring the car back to us and we will put a new one in". Right... it's dead on my drive so how the kittens do you expect me to do that?!

I went to Halfrauds, bought a stop / start and the long tooly thing to replace it myself :) 

• Like 1

Strikes me as a case of ‘all’s well that ends well’ on the miss fuel situation. :niceone:

Edit: Sam, that’s exactly the behaviour I was talking about with Merc dealers (other posh rip off cars are available).

Edited by Tex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 23/06/2021 at 18:29, Tonyj said:

Well I’ve already sent a pidgeon  to Greta so no dumping the fuel:0)

Reminds me of when a learner put a tank of diesel in his little 125 Kawasaki. I  whipped the tank off and poured the diesel straight into the tank of my van! A quick slosh around with a pint of petrol, drop the float bowl and blow out the jets and he was on his way rejoicing. :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Tonyj

Good morning internet land... I think I may have told you this already but I was having tyres sorted at a garage back in 80’s and there was a fella under the bonnet of a peogeot , 504 I think and his friend had put the wrong fuel in and he had took the fuel pipe of and had another container filled with the correct stuff and he was using the car to pump it out while running it of a separate can and he drained it that way . 
he was an Indian rally driver apparently and wasn’t fazed at all because he said getting decent fuel was a lucky dip affair in India anyway . I was in Dagenham at the time and he did say “ there are limits though” with a glint in his eye...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1