Honda Integra NC750 S 2016

FRAM7

Dear all,

I am looking to buy a scooter/motorbike for my commute into London 50 miles a day, 25 each way a couple of times a week.

In the past I had a lot of scooters including Hondas but also big sports bikes. 

I love Honda as a brand and as practicality you cannot beat a scooter! But I go on the M25 and I have a long journey so I need something fast and safe.

I love the shape of the Honda 700/750 Integra and definitely I would like to buy one of those although they are a bit rare.

Just found this one on that auction site. It is my favourite colour and model, the year,2016, is ok but should I be concerned by the miles 25300? with £2000 more I get a nearly new 2019....although is the new shape which I do not love that much

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/114856176012?hash=item1abdf6298c:g:qFAAAOSw2zBgzIUx

SHOULD I BE WORRIED WITH THE HIGH MILES? IS 25000 MILIES A LOT FOR THESE BIKES?

Thanks so much for your help,

F

poldark

25k miles is nothing, but how long will you keep it and what's the expected annual mileage.  In five years would it in effect be worthless.

If so then spending £2k more to get something that'll still be worth £2k in five years is effectively "free", provided you have the money sat earning naff-all interest somewhere.

The newer bike clearly has a lower chance of higher maintenance costs.

Grumpy old man

25000, just run in! Mine has 53000 and I'm hoping for another 53000, of course normal things like, brakes, wheel bearings and the like need regular maintenance, just keep it serviced and it will be good.

Oh! Welcome to the mad House.

Edited by Grumpy old man

Thanks guys for you very useful advice. 

I doubt I will do more than 3-4000 miles a year. 

In a few years it will be worth little anyway...a highly depreciating asset unless we get high inflation!

the one on the link looks very good to me, apart from the high mileage but I feel overprice. westealanybike.com offer £1399....and probably will reduce the offer when they see the bike......as they usually do

It is not a vehicle in high demand either so will take ages to sell (I have experience selling exotic cars...takes years)

the advert has just been published...I will give the seller a call next week to see if there is any space for negotiating the price.

My only concerns is a major failure of the gearbox that I suppose will cost thousand to fix. is there anything else that goes in this bikes? I suppose the suspension on the back might need replacing?

Do you have any further advice?

F

outrunner

I would agree with Lloyd, my 2016 750 X DCT has just over 60000 miles on it and going strong.

Andy.

Steve T

There is a man I know (not outrunner 😀) locally who racks up big miles on all of his bikes, whatever the make/model. His latest ride is his second NC750X. He put just shy of 100,000 miles on his first one, sold it to a pal of his once he'd bought another one. Not seen him to talk to for a while (he is till breathing and riding 😀-saw him nipping past me just this morning) but last we spoke he'd added over 30k miles to his new ride.

Me, I don't keep machine long enough to find out if they'll last for that sort of mileage 😜, but I have already racked up over a thousand miles on the NC since I bought it at the end of last month 😀

Steve T

😎