750 dct oil type/grade

mark p

Hi ...is there a specific oil type/grade for the 750 dct (not manual),that people use or will any quality semi synthetic 10w/30 or 10/40 be ok ,...for example motul 5100 semi syn

many thanks mark

poldark

The DCT is specified as 10W30 so important to use that and not 10W40 and clearly JASO MA motorbike oil only

It doesn't have to be expensive, £20 for 5ltrs (search Westway) is what I've used for past few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Defender
25 minutes ago, mark p said:

Hi ...is there a specific oil type/grade for the 750 dct (not manual),that people use or will any quality semi synthetic 10w/30 or 10/40 be ok ,...for example motul 5100 semi syn

many thanks mark

I think the grade/viscosity is more important as the DCT system is quite fussy about it, I have Castrol 10W/30 4T (semi synth) that I ordered from a Honda dealer waiting to go in when I do my oil change, I don't think the brand is important as long as you recognise it, so no 'Wang Chung' or 'Hoo Flung Dung' branded oil? 

Edited by Defender
Correction and completeness.
  • Like 1
kayz1

Don't forget the tranny filtre as well...just sayin.

Lyn.

• Like 2
Defender
21 minutes ago, kayz1 said:

Don't forget the tranny filtre as well...just sayin.

Lyn.

Or the drain plug crush washer!

BTW, the genuine Honda DCT paper filter element was more expensive than the main engine oil filter?

• Like 1
Andy m

Hurrah, an oil thread! 

Sympathetic oil makes your power band more likely to snap and you exhaust note off key discuss.... 😁😁😁😈😁

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Defender
19 hours ago, Andy m said:

Hurrah, an oil thread! 

Sympathetic oil makes your power band more likely to snap and you exhaust note off key discuss.... 😁😁😁😈😁

Andy

Except where where the throttle control is carried out via a telepathetic interface of course!

• Haha 1
MatBin
1 hour ago, Defender said:

Except where where the throttle control is carried out via a telepathetic interface of course!

Does it cause it to stutter?

• Haha 1
Defender
16 minutes ago, MatBin said:

Does it cause it to stutter?

Only on a Wednesday!

SteveThackery
On 26/06/2021 at 19:02, mark p said:

thanks guys ....   semi synthetic 10 30 it is then :)

Don't forget the JASO MA rating - it's very important for anything with a wet clutch, like the NC and most other bikes.