Nc700s no power to ignition or anywhere

splke

splke

Help please 

Put my nc700 away on Thursday night no problems 

Wheeled her out this morning and turned key nothing not even a whir or a click! Batt voltage seems OK? 

Fuses seem fine 

Any ideas or suggestions  please? 

splke

No I wish I had! I no lights on dash or any sign of life whatsoever I'm. Stumped 

outrunner

Probably corrosion somewhere on one of the main loom plugs. The plugs on mine are behind the left fairing panels, not sure about your model. Also the plug that goes in to the instument panel can give problems.

Andy.

• Like 2
fj_stuart

First thing I'd check was the battery earth. There will be a cable from the negative terminal to the frame somewhere. I've had corrosion that's caused a problem. Simply earth the terminal to a bolt on the frame with a wire or spanner and see if you have power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Andy m

I'm with Stuart, jump lead from the negative to the frame first, see what happens. 

Any previous symptoms? Bad starting? Unexpected stopping? What does the battery actually read and has it dropped overnight ? Any LED flashing related to the key/immobiliser? Have you changed the main fuse or wiggled it in the holder to look for signs of life? 

If not the earth, the problem is between battery and ignition switch. Could be a dead short in which case the battery will be slowly going flat (a current test would prove it but needs care). Could be one of the plugs along the frame but that means getting lots of plastic off to get the probes in. 

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 2
davebike

Bit left of centre for most people but  Main fuse and the red plug / cover over it on the top of the Starter soloniod  Well known in the trade fro this fault !

• Like 2
splke

Thbak you will get our and try these 

Appreciate it loads chaps 

splke

All sorted finally thank you 

Think it was a weak battery but not 100 percent sure! I had xhexkw Dall fuses and earth routes remade connections I had a spare battery  and it fired up straight off! See if it drains if not jobs a good un 

Thank you 

• Like 2