NC Track day No3. Why track day an NC750

spaaz

Johnnie Mototrans

Wow Nick.

What a story.

Never been brave enough to try a track day let alone actually race.

Tell us more.

Johnnie

• Like 3

Great stuff, thanks for taking the time to do these write ups Nick.

Don’t concern yourself over the odd mistake, we all make loads anyway!

Looking forward to the next instalment!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Johnnie Mototrans said:

Wow Nick.

What a story.

Never been brave enough to try a track day let alone actually race.

Tell us more.

Johnnie

Dear Johnnie, Riding on the road is far more dangerous than a track day, all going the same direction, nothing to hit and an Ambulance on site. I have had customers die on track days, but I used to have 2-4 customers die a year on the road. Try it, you will love it. All of my friends have now given up road riding after my crash.  Nick T

• Like 2
MatBin

Another great write up. Thanks for sharing.

Trev

Thanks for sharing, not sure about half a brain, you've articulated that better than I would with a supposedly 'full brain'. I only 'raced' for a a few seasons back in early 80's with NGMC club but do recall a little of the camaraderie and enjoyment of not just the race meets but the tuning guys, the advice and the helping out with tyres, spares, etc. Mine was 2 stroke as well (X7's and LC's) and the bike was also my commuter and weekend rides so a prang or a blow up was always challenging, especially on an apprentice wage.

I've done a few track days over the years since but obviously very different, both in terms of the machinery (and the tyres!) and the mentality. They're still enjoyable but, for me at least, the 'turn up and ride' and 'run for profit' approach can never match belonging to a club .... plus i was never that good at 90mph and I've not got better at 140 🙄

Apologies for the hijack, please keep your accounts coming, they're superb

• Like 2
SteveM

Bottom 2 are videos.