Rich smelling exhaust nc700x

Tony Roche

Tony Roche

Morning guys. Everything back together, no exhaust cough or funny smells.......all is well! I think I can finally sign off from this topic! Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and collective wisdom! To anyone who hasn't done much DIY, the NC is very DIY friendly so don't be put off....... have a go - get your hands dirty....... there's plenty of help here! All the best Tony

• Like 4
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony Roche

• Xactly

• ChrisCB

• SteveThackery

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning guys. Everything back together, no exhaust cough or funny smells.......all is well! I think I can finally sign off from this topic! Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and collectiv

Thanks Oz! My mechanic has a special machine with cylindrical chambers that clean the injectors with special fluid. I got him to clean both. He charged me £30 mate's rates! The machine and fluid are e

I have been encouraged by your tenacity and perseverance regarding your problem. Your pictures do indicate a problem and the methodical process you have taken does you justice.You must be near to find

Ozzieflyer

Thanks for such a detailed topic. Great job. 👍

Having a limited mechanical knowledge, did your mechanic just get the injectors cleaned or replaced the dirty one?  
If cleaned, is this something that the mechanics send away to be done or is it something that can be done with special tools?

cheers,

oz. 

Tony Roche

Thanks Oz! My mechanic has a special machine with cylindrical chambers that clean the injectors with special fluid. I got him to clean both. He charged me £30 mate's rates! The machine and fluid are expensive apparently. I don't know how many bike mechanics would have this kind of equipment. He's in Berkshire and I can pass on his details to anyone who is interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Tony Roche

I did enquire about the price of new injectors but I was told they're in the region of £150 each. My mechanic has only ever bought one new one. Cleaning usually does the trick

ChrisCB

🎺😮

That's me blowing my own trumpet.

• Like 1
ChrisCB
4 minutes ago, Tony Roche said:

:D lol. Well done to all those who guessed injectors! ;-)

Educated based on the information provided without the evidence to hand 😁

Xactly

At least the valve clearances are now set correctly….

MikeBike

Any clue as to why one got so dirty?