2021 NC750x panel removal video

AP nc750x 21

Do you think they could have made it any more convoluted? What a faff. What would that have added to the bike cost if it came as standard?

• Like 1
outrunner

That makes taking the side panels of a 2016 model look like a piece of cake.

Andy.

Rocker66

If removing the panels is that complex it must add to servicing cost which seems to be another reason to stick with the CB500X.

• Like 1
outrunner
7 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

If removing the panels is that complex it must add to servicing cost which seems to be another reason to stick with the CB500X.

Yes it does add cost, my mate at the bike shop reckons some modern bikes take an hour to remove and re-fit panels if the bike is getting a big service so that's £55 for a start.

Andy.

Ciaran

While I’m glad of the video, that does seem an extraordinary faff. I was pleasantly surprised that my 1st service was cheaper than it was on the S however dread the major services coming along…

So many different sized fittings you would have to have them mounted in a piece of card as you go and annotated as to what went where. Well with my overfilled filing cabinet of a brain I would. I wonder if fitting something like the Healtech thunderbox and running some feeds up to the handle bar area for say, heated grips/gloves, satnav etc through that hole using a mouse might do the job and attach a usb feed and leave it in the frunk.

Ciaran

The optional extra to fit the usb-c only costs around the £70 mark new - I admit far too much for what is essentially just a cable and a slot to plug into the Frunk hole but still not much. I imagine if you can obtain the part you could wire it into a Thunderbox and no one would be any the wiser, it would look like  it came from the dealer themselves. 

MikeBike
3 hours ago, Ciaran1602 said:

While I’m glad of the video, that does seem an extraordinary faff. I was pleasantly surprised that my 1st service was cheaper than it was on the S however dread the major services coming along…

I suppose the 16k services will cost more than the previous models due to changes in the engine head and work required for valve clearance checks/adjustment. Curious if anyone knows. 

ChrisCB

The new Plastic Maggot 😄

Xactly
3 hours ago, MikeBike said:

I suppose the 16k services will cost more than the previous models due to changes in the engine head and work required for valve clearance checks/adjustment. Curious if anyone knows. 

AFAIK the basic design remains unchanged; it’s still locknut and adjuster, so simple to do. The usual way to get more power while still complying with Euro V is to reduce  valve overlap but increase valve lift. Both can be accommodated within the same arrangement as the earlier models I would think; the power increase is modest. Most impact on performance will have come from the gearing changes. I stand to be corrected but that’s what I think is likely.

MikeBike

I thought I'd read that the design was the unicam one with inlets having shims, exhaust screw adjusters.

Xactly
6 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

I thought I'd read that the design was the unicam one with inlets having shims, exhaust screw adjusters.

I’ve not read that anywhere; interesting if true.

MikeBike
3 minutes ago, Xactly said:

I’ve not read that anywhere; interesting if true.

It was from a patent for the replacement engine for the NC from 20202 but I think we didn't get that did we, just a revised head?

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/april/all-new-engine-for-honda-nc750-replacement

Xactly
41 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

It was from a patent for the replacement engine for the NC from 20202 but I think we didn't get that did we, just a revised head?

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/april/all-new-engine-for-honda-nc750-replacement

No, I don’t think what we got was as radical. Thanks for posting though; I’d forgotten about that one. I wonder if it’s still in the pipeline? 

• 2 years later...
stonebury

Thanks so much for posting this video!  I just bought a used 2022 NC750X and wanted to remove the left side panels for mods.  This was exactly what I was searching for.