750x dct 2020 - Ignition not responding Panel not lighting up after disconnecting and reconnecting battery

JimMex

Hi - I'm an expat Brit living in Mexico and have problems with a 2020 model 750x DCT I bought from a  Honda agency in Mexico City.

This morning I was fitting a Garmin navigator to the bike. I found a YouTube video dating back to 2016 from an Australian guy who regualrly posts videos of his NC showing various mods he has carried out which showed that all I had to do was to thread the Garmin positive and negative through the battery and then connect to the battery terminals.

After threading the power wires through to ther battery compartment I first disconnected the negative battery terminal and attached the negative Garmin lead and reconnected the terminal. I then repeated the operation at the positive battery terminal. When I then tried to start the bike after inserting the key and turning it to the Ignition position all that shows on the instrument panel is the orange ABS indicator, the clock time and a flashing HISS light.  Everything else is dead and the bike won't start.

I'ver since disconnected the Garmin leads with no luck. The panel is still dead

Can someone suggest what might have gone wrong here and how I can resolve this.

Although the bike is still under warranty I'm a good distance away from the agency I bought the bike from and the local Honda dealers only deal in smaller bikes and won't touch this model. Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Jim

Andy m

Check the fuses. Sounds like you've shorted something while playing. 

The sat nag would be better run through the auxiliary plug. There is a thread. Honda plug held in a blanking socket under the helmet locker. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Xactly

I wired my Garmin direct to the battery with no issues. You connected the wires in the wrong order. Positive should be done first, negative last. It reduces the risk of accidental shorting, as may have happened here, blowing the fuse.

• Like 3
MatBin

Ditto my satnav is connected directly to battery, by me, no issues. It's a bit crowded in the battery box area, any chance you have pulled a connector apart?

Edited by MatBin