DCT Fault.

Chris100

Hi I have a 2013 nc700 dct 30000 ish miles. Problem started few days ago. I started bike from cold and put it into S to drive of and it went into 1 as normal and drove of but it wouldn't change upto 2nd and just revved higher and higher stuck in first gear. Then the 1 disappeared of the screen and a dash appeared and I pulled over and the bike seemed to be in neutral because I had no drive however there was no N on the screen. I turned it of and back on and a clicking noise was heard(like it was trying to select neutral) I had to rock it back and forth and then it selected neutral. Once restarted the bike worked normal and I rode home. Next morning exactly the same thing happened but this time it didn't start working again normally and constantly does the same thing and now the bike is unusable. I have done some research and heard about overfilling the oil could cause problems. I put a litre to much in at the last oil change (my mistake) and wander if this could be what has caused it. I drained the litre out since but this has made no difference and the bike is still the same. Or could it be another fault? Any advice will be great fully received..thanks

MikeBike

Have a look hear on recent discussion of shift motor / pin issues to see if that helps with your case..

and here...

and here...

Edited by MikeBike

I think it is the shift pin from reading the comments. Anybody know of someone able to look/fix it for me in the Staffordshire/West Midlands area??

davebike

I rather too far a way ( my workshop is in South London 

It is not thast hard a job  talk to a local independant

I happy to talk you or your mechanic though the job

Dave

The workshop SE20 8JY    07860 215638  no I not worried that no been out on the web for 30 years +

PS phone not always answered after 18;00

• Like 1