Bodywork help

Estepona Steve

Estepona Steve

I have a 2020 NC750X and am wanting to get to the accessory plug.  I just need some guidance with regards to the first panel (the slim piece held on with just one bolt under the frunk).  I am only asking because it's a new bike and I don't want to break anything.  I am sure I'll be OK after that has come off.  I only have the "old" manual for 700's.  thanks in advance. 

I can let you know Wednesday when I do this for mine :ahappy:

davebike

I just removed on bolt  lower on grey pannel and reached in with torch screwdriver and forcepts  but I do it for a living and am very lazy !

Estepona Steve

SteveM:  Thanks for your reply, I'll look out for your update after Wednesday.

davebike:  I tried that on my previous 2018 NC750S (on LHS), but the plug was too hard to get to given the limited access.

MikeBike

@SteveM  @Estepona Steve

Have a look at ( download the instructions for the USB socket for your bike model / year at http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx which should show you exactly how to remove the bodywork and access the harness socket etc. On my 2015 bike I moved  the socketfrom its suggested location  up to the left hand fairing at the limit of it's cable so that I could access it by removing just one bolt.

• Thanks 1
Estepona Steve

Hi MikeBike.  Sadly that link has long expired.  Also, it should be noted that the bodywork on my 2020 is very different to early models.

• 1 month later...
MikeBike
On 20/08/2021 at 08:02, Estepona Steve said:

Hi MikeBike.  Sadly that link has long expired.  Also, it should be noted that the bodywork on my 2020 is very different to early models.

THe site works, but for some reason says session expires, you can click the 'Top Page' which takes you back to the URL I posted but it works.

Alternatively try the shorter  http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/

You'll find the instructions for your model and year in there for say USB.

EDIT: I've just trie dit and only some models are listed. Think this has happened before and they then reappeared, so keep trying after a day or so

Edited by MikeBike