Slacker digital suspension tuner.

jeremyr62

jeremyr62

Managed to borrow one of these to try out. It's basically a glorified tape measure for measuring static and rider sag, but it does make the process possible by a single person. As opposed to trying to coerce reluctant family members to sit on your seat. Links to your phone so you can see the measurement while jumping up and down on the bike  (if you so desire). Very expensive for what it is, but it is very good and if you like tinkering with your forks and shocks and have no mates, recommended.

• Haha 2

Given its a job you'll probably only do once it sounds like the perfect tool to borrow! I expect the owner of the device now finds he has lots of mates. Did you have to make much of an adjustment & did things feel any different? 

jeremyr62

I have my bikes pretty well sorted so not really. It is a lovely bit of kit though. I have 4 different rear shocks for the NC so will help when I'm fiddling around with them assuming I can prise it out of my mates hand.

It does the forks too of course.

Hard to see them selling many. Proper suspension tuners will have plenty of bodies available so I can't see it appealing to professionals.

Dave Moss has a few videos on it. but he just uses a tape measure like nearly everyone else.

Mate of mine has one and rates it highly. Mind you, he changes his bikes quite often and, as @MPG100 suggests, he does help lots of friends set their bikes up. 

• Like 1
Andy m

Ah, the lost art of rigging a string across the garage at pillion seat height then sitting backwards on the bike with a steel rule clutched in your teeth.... 😁😁😁

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
listener
4 hours ago, Andy m said:

Ah, the lost art of rigging a string across the garage at pillion seat height then sitting backwards on the bike with a steel rule clutched in your teeth.... 😁😁😁

Position 33 in the Bikers' Kama Sutra, I believe!  :angel: :lol:

• Haha 2
On 02/09/2021 at 14:09, listener said:

Position 33 in the Bikers' Kama Sutra, I believe!  :angel: :lol:

Position 34 also involved clenching a steel rule between teeth whilst trying to set the rear wheel in line with the front one. On my 1961 350 Triumph the rear tyre was clamped to the rim by an inner rim - according to the manual this was to stop tyre creep under harsh acceleration. My next bike was a 350 Yamaha 2stroke which developed TWICE the bhp of the Triumph and had no clamp for the rear tyre. I think the ready to ride weight of the Yamaha was about the same as the rear wheel of the Triumph without the tyre fitted....go figure!