Speed sensor.

Chris100

I am after some info regarding my nc700s DCT (AUTO) ABS.I have has it diagnosed that my speed sensor is duff. No speed showing on dash and won't change out of first gear. The garage has tested the current sensor and is 99% certain that is the culprit. I am trying to locate a speed sensor however they are nearly £200 new. I have found a used one on e.bay but its from a nc700x non abs. Does anyone know if this will be compatible. It is the same size and has the same 3 pin connector. The seller has said it doesn't have a part number on it so can't confirm it will work.the part number i need is 37700-MGS-D31. Any body used one of these before?? Cheers

ChrisCB

Do you mean non DCT rather than non ABS? No non ABS bikes were sold in the UK. It may be worth cross referencing the parts of the two models on Fowlers or Lings parts Web sites.

3 hours ago, Chris750 said:

Do you mean non DCT rather than non ABS? No non ABS bikes were sold in the UK. It may be worth cross referencing the parts of the two models on Fowlers or Lings parts Web sites.

Thanks for replying.. not sure whether donor bike was a dct or not. I have asked the seller to confirm . He did state though it was from a non ABS bike which is why I am wandering if it was any different to an ABS bike. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chris100 said:

Thanks for replying.. not sure whether donor bike was a dct or not. I have asked the seller to confirm . He did state though it was from a non ABS bike which is why I am wandering if it was any different to an ABS bike. 

If he’s a UK seller I would be interested to know where he found a non ABS NC? I think all the European bikes had ABS as a legal requirement, but the USA and, maybe, Canada had it as an option. I suspect he’s just a bit clueless. 

• Like 2
ChrisCB

I've done a bit of digging on this! That part No is for the speed sensor on top of the crankcase not to be confused with the wheel speed ABS sensor at the wheel and appears to be the same across the 700 range.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for looking into it. My speed sensor has Xu2 printed on it. And the one I am looking at buying as Xy1 printed on it. Not sure if that is just the batch numbers but think I will buy it anyway and try it..

I will look in my bits box in the morning to see if i have one..