What do use to check tye pressure?

MatBin

Purchased a "stop-go" (thanks @Andy m) puncture repair kit which included a compressor with an integral pressure indicator.

Checked the pressure in the tyres, using the kit compressor, bit low so pumped them up a bit. Checked the accuracy using my car compressor, bit low according to that pumps integral pressure gauge, so pumped them up a bit more.

checked that using 'pencil' tyre gauge and looked looked ok, so car gauge seems a little more accurate, but the bike compressor is good enough, especially if re-checked with another gauge I can carry on the bike.

So, what does everyone else use to assess the pressure given we have discussed what pressures we use, can we be confident we have an accurate reading anyway.

• Like 1

I've got one of those little Airman compressors in the frunk & the gauge on that seems pretty accurate, for accuracy a digital pressure gauge to confirm

Basic digital gauge. No moving parts, so slightly more accurate than uncalibrated Bourdon type gauges and will usually fail as no reading rather than going crazy. Certainly accurate enough for tyres. 

@RoyG do be sure to compare effect of thumb and toe cap.

Andy

• Haha 1
larryblag
18 hours ago, Xactly said:

A tye pin?

Tye po 😂

• Like 1