Rebuilding Caliper

Johan

What started as making a rack for panniers has now ended up with the NC700D Integra stripped and many things checked and serviced. Last on the list is the front calliper. Want to rebuilt it i.e. push out pistons clean the piston and seals. Do I need to do anything special because of the ABS when refilling the fluid?

There is nothing special about refilling/bleeding with ABS. There are a few more nooks and crannies for air to get stuck in so a speed bleeder helps, but time and patience work too. 

Do you have the combined system? This has extra bleed points, but just start nearest the lever and do each in turn. 

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Andy m said:

There is nothing special about refilling/bleeding with ABS. There are a few more nooks and crannies for air to get stuck in so a speed bleeder helps, but time and patience work too. 

Do you have the combined system? This has extra bleed points, but just start nearest the lever and do each in turn. 

Andy

Thanks Andy. Yes it is the combined system. I have been looking at the parts diagram and the bike and can't find any bleed points except the two bleed nipples om the front and read calliper. 

The front calliper has two (items 6)

Screenshot-20210919-063135.png

The one on the back this calliper is part of the rear circuit. 

We'll need someone who's physically done it to confirm but to me the front calliper is the longest run of pipe from the control so I'd bleed that after the one on the rear calliper itself. You'll probably need to alternate. 

Andy

• Like 1