Bike rolls after switching from neutral to first gear.

Ink_operated

50 minutes ago, Ink_operated said:

@davebike check this link out and tell me if you think this clutch pack would work.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003232875279.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

They are probably for a manual box, dct clutch assembly costs a fortune unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink_operated

• davebike

• MatBin

• MikeBike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clutches fail in two ways   Slip and drag   you description IS DRAG ! Slip is failour to fully engage  most often worn friction plates or springs Drag is failour to full disengage most often

I would think it is a clutch issue  my feeling is at least one clutch is dragging  Do the shift pin but I not sure it is the problem but do the other bit that go with it new fresh oil 10/30 and t

Possiably I be carefull should be OK but I not do so unless the engine is mingging I would just change the oil as usual inc both filters  but perhaps semi,  not the fully I usually use. Then  do

@davebike check this link out and tell me if you think this clutch pack would work.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003232875279.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

no  that set is foe a manual   I be real carefull buying anything mission critical from aliexpress!

do you need clutch stack?  have you looked at it??

do you know any of the bikes history  Honda recalled/replaced a lot that had been sold to training schools in the UK as the clutches on the manuals did not stand up to training I think there was a warning abut DCT bikes and training schools but I know some are using them

• Haha 1
Ink_operated

@davebike hahaha I like that one about mission critical and I agree. I've been reading through the manual and the DCT system has its own fault system and error codes so I'm gonna give that a go. I've also been reading more and I'm starting to figure this may have something to do with gear reduction/shift motor. What I am going to do (once all necessary parts are here) is check/clean and test the shift motor, check all the shift/gear reduction gears to see if any teeth are missing, check (replace if necessary) the shift pin  and disassemble the clutch pack to check for any damage and excessive wear and tear. The bike really fights to go from 1st to neutral so I'm hoping the problem lies in the shift motor/gear reduction or the shift pin (and a recalibration after might just fix the clutch drag). From there I will know where I stand. Praying it's nothing more complicated than this cause I would hate to have to strip the bike and remove the engine. 

Here are the DCT error code instructions (note that the full code can't be read without the Honda HDS tool but the main code will give you a good idea of what's wrong)

Reading DTC with the shift indicator "–"
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
Remove the maintenance lid (page 21-6).
2. Remove the DLC [1] from the battery box.
Short the DLC terminals using a special tool.
3. Make sure the engine stop switch is turned to " ".
While pushing the shift switch (+) [1], turn the ignition switch ON. Read,
note the shift indicator "–" blinks and refer to the troubleshooting index
(page 12-15).
 • If the PCM has no DTC in its memory, the shift indicator "–" will start
blinking (page 12-14).
4. Release the shift switch (+).

Edited by Ink_operated
  • Like 1
Steve Case

Good luck, hope you get to the bottom of this without too much (more) pain.

• Thanks 1
Ink_operated

@davebike shift pin was infact broken, all the shift gears and motor checked out. Clutches checked out ok but still have the clutch disengagement the issue. I haven't checked the DCT codes yet only because I couldn't find the connector I need to short but I will take off the storage box and see if it's under there....I'm guess it's the linear solenoid valves causing the issue. 

• Like 1

The conector fro fault codes is above the battery to the left  it is RED unlike most conectors

Not sure about the shorting methord as I always used an adaptor and OBD2 reader

Ink_operated
10 hours ago, davebike said:

The conector fro fault codes is above the battery to the left  it is RED unlike most conectors

Not sure about the shorting methord as I always used an adaptor and OBD2 reader

@davebike okay. I think I saw that connector and I'll just follow the steps in the workshop manual. I'll try using my ODB2 tool and see what I get.