Ooooh, look what I've got!

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man

Well fitted today, feels a lot nicer but is it set up right? Your guess is as good as mine. Any suspension Gurus in the North East?

received_293253472311951.jpeg

• Like 5
outrunner

If you told them your weight with bike gear on it should be sprung for that but you will probably need to play a bit with the damping to get it right for you. I had to fiddle a bit with the Hagon on mine, remember to ride a bit to let the shock heat up before making any adjustment and test it on the same bit of road each time.

Andy.

• Thanks 1
Grumpy old man
1 hour ago, outrunner said:

If you told them your weight with bike gear on it should be sprung for that but you will probably need to play a bit with the damping to get it right for you. I had to fiddle a bit with the Hagon on mine, remember to ride a bit to let the shock heat up before making any adjustment and test it on the same bit of road each time.

Andy.

To be really honest I don't think I'm good or discerning enough rider to notice any difference, the original shock was OK for me until it had done 57000 miles then it started to leak so this one out of the box feels great. Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2

I fitted a YSS basic shock last year exactly as it came out of the box,  not adjusted it and it’s fine: as you Lloyd, I ain’t that good that I’d notice any small adjustments 

• Like 3
jeremyr62

The YSS shock comes with a 150N/mm spring which is close to the OE stiffness. The only damping on the standard YSS is rebound so you can fiddle around with this. If you press sharply on the seat it should return quickly but not bounce. 

Grumpy old man
10 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

The YSS shock comes with a 150N/mm spring which is close to the OE stiffness. The only damping on the standard YSS is rebound so you can fiddle around with this. If you press sharply on the seat it should return quickly but not bounce. 

Mine is the stiffer spring option for luggage or pillion + isn't that the purpose of any shock absorber?

Edited by Grumpy old man
jeremyr62

If you wind out all the rebound it will be bouncy. It you wind it all in it will be slow to return.

• Thanks 1