Recommend a crimping tool

Mister Paul

Mister Paul

I've had a few cheap crimping tools over the years and they've always been a bit of a faff to use. I was just wondering whether anyone could recommend a decent one?

Thanks

Mr Toad
5 hours ago, Mister Paul said:

I've had a few cheap crimping tools over the years and they've always been a bit of a faff to use. I was just wondering whether anyone could recommend a decent one?

Thanks

The world is awash with crimping tools for everything from RJ45 network cables to steel cable and everything in between.

What are you trying to crimp? 

I'd assume bike/care 12V wiring but on this forum you might be crimping hydraulic hose fittings......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
davebike

Most or all of th pro tool suppliers do a proper tool  but they are not cheap

Assuming you mean for the red blue and yellow insulated terminls

I had a Facon one for Years but it finally quit Replaced with one from WURTH  I think they seel to the public from their shops but £80 I think

Other types of crimp terminals I got med priced tools about £30/£40 from Amazon or that auction site

• Like 1

I got a few when I used to fit car radios and mobile phones always used the ratcheted ones from rs components decent gear. I only used then for temporary installs though anything permenant especially on a bike that may be exposed I reccomend solder and heat shrunk connections pal 

• Like 1
listener
19 minutes ago, splke said:

anything permenant especially on a bike that may be exposed I reccomend solder and heat shrunk connections

I'd add, that it's worth using adhesive lined heat shrink tubing or crimp terminals to ensure that the joint is as water-tight as possible.

Mister Paul
On 03/10/2021 at 22:18, Mr Toad said:

The world is awash with crimping tools for everything from RJ45 network cables to steel cable and everything in between.

What are you trying to crimp? 

I'd assume bike/care 12V wiring but on this forum you might be crimping hydraulic hose fittings......

Wires. Just bike wires.

Sealey do a few, also trade/good sets too..worth a look..i have a couple of kits of Sealey stuff and never let me down with a bad crimp.

I must add if i need high amps stuff i always solder as well. I also have AMPS kit and i find that to be excellent.

wingrider.steve
On 03/10/2021 at 16:14, Mister Paul said:

Thanks

This is the one I use, I can recommend it:-

https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/c-51-crimp-tools/c-119-non-insulated-terminal-crimping-tools/p-268-crimping-tool-with-spring-return-handles

• Like 1