HISS Blinking Light ??

Noel Hynes

Noel Hynes

Hi everyone- Hope you are all well. I have a 2014 NC750X

A few months ago I noticed the HISS red light on the dash blinking- when the ignition was switched off and key removed.

A couple of times over the summer- I went to start the bike and the battery was flat- this happened again yesterday. Prior to this- I never had any problems with the bike starting etc.

I am sure I seen previously something in the forum- which mentioned this and how to fix it- but did a wee search and no luck- any advice would be appreciated.

Noel.

splke

It blinks for 24 hours after use to indicate hiss enabled 

• Thanks 1
splke

shiggsy

The blinking can be switched off, check your hand book manual.

Steve Case

Nah thats fine, just means the detonator is armed. When you get the countdown timer appear then you should really start to worry!

• Haha 3
listener
4 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Nah thats fine, just means the detonator is armed. When you get the countdown timer appear then you should really start to worry!

No worries ... just cut the red wire! :lol:

1kwphq.jpg

• Haha 3
Xactly

I thought it meant you’ve got a slow puncture….I’m going now, don’t worry.

• Haha 4

@larryblag told me "the dealer told him it was the time to buy a new bike indicator".

• Haha 5
larryblag
On 19/10/2021 at 20:34, MatBin said:

@larryblag told me "the dealer told him it was the time to buy a new bike indicator".

The Bonnie is away for the winter. My foobar'd hand is still too weak for front brake operation 😔. I've GT85'd it and fitted the optimiser lead. 

The "New Bike Indicator" is actually flashing as we speak 🤔

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Andy m
41 minutes ago, larryblag said:

The "New Bike Indicator" is actually flashing as we speak 🤔

It's probably going to cost more than last time* but you could always try just filling the tank? 

*I had a colleague, a fellow rep, who retired. He'd had a company fuel card for about 200 years. The day after we put him on the train home he picked up his new Mondeo just like the one he'd handed back. The light of course was on 200 yards from the dealer. Frank pulls straight into a Shell station on the A38 and fills it to the brim. Walks to the kiosk and hands over a fiver 😕😢😁😁😒😁😁

Sorry to hear about the hand. 

Andy

• Thanks 1