HISS Blinking Light ??

Noel Hynes

Noel Hynes

Hi everyone- Hope you are all well. I have a 2014 NC750X

A few months ago I noticed the HISS red light on the dash blinking- when the ignition was switched off and key removed.

A couple of times over the summer- I went to start the bike and the battery was flat- this happened again yesterday. Prior to this- I never had any problems with the bike starting etc.

I am sure I seen previously something in the forum- which mentioned this and how to fix it- but did a wee search and no luck- any advice would be appreciated.

Noel.

It blinks for 24 hours after use to indicate hiss enabled 

• Thanks 1
Steve Case

Nah thats fine, just means the detonator is armed. When you get the countdown timer appear then you should really start to worry!

• Haha 3
listener
4 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Nah thats fine, just means the detonator is armed. When you get the countdown timer appear then you should really start to worry!

No worries ... just cut the red wire! :lol:

1kwphq.jpg

• Haha 3

I thought it meant you’ve got a slow puncture….I’m going now, don’t worry.

• Haha 4

@larryblag told me "the dealer told him it was the time to buy a new bike indicator".

• Haha 6
larryblag
On 19/10/2021 at 20:34, MatBin said:

@larryblag told me "the dealer told him it was the time to buy a new bike indicator".

The Bonnie is away for the winter. My foobar'd hand is still too weak for front brake operation 😔. I've GT85'd it and fitted the optimiser lead. 

The "New Bike Indicator" is actually flashing as we speak 🤔

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Andy m
41 minutes ago, larryblag said:

The "New Bike Indicator" is actually flashing as we speak 🤔

It's probably going to cost more than last time* but you could always try just filling the tank? 

*I had a colleague, a fellow rep, who retired. He'd had a company fuel card for about 200 years. The day after we put him on the train home he picked up his new Mondeo just like the one he'd handed back. The light of course was on 200 yards from the dealer. Frank pulls straight into a Shell station on the A38 and fills it to the brim. Walks to the kiosk and hands over a fiver 😕😢😁😁😒😁😁

Sorry to hear about the hand. 

Andy

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
larryblag

We actually managed a ride out out yesterday. About 30 miles. The hand held up well - although it does seem sensitive to the cold. I waited and waited for the heated grips to come up but realised it didn't have them. 😂

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, larryblag said:

We actually managed a ride out out yesterday. About 30 miles. The hand held up well - although it does seem sensitive to the cold. I waited and waited for the heated grips to come up but realised it didn't have them. 😂

Great you’re out and about again, matey. :niceone: Percy has the Triumph, two stage, grips and they’re excellent. Highly recommended. 

• Like 1
larryblag

Yes, if I do fit them @Tex it will be the OEM ones. The neatness of the installation makes the price worth it IMHO. 

Andy m

Heated gloves stay with the rider not the bike. Just saying. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know what you mean, it was chilly but not cold down here but a couple of hours out on the AT without the heated grips would have been uncomfortable, although I suppose I could have worn lined gloves :D

Mrs Smith turned on her Keis heated waistcoat on the way back but I didn't bother as the old Hein Gericke 'BMW wannabe' adventure type jacket that I got from the Bay of Fleas for £80 (and is my go to jacket while the silly expensive Rukka is having a new zip fitted :mad:) is pretty toasty with the liner in. It's not pretty but then neither am with the lights on :wacko:

Glad to hear your getting out on the bike again, I love this time of year, particularly if dry as it is now, roads even quieter around here, leaves falling and some gorgeous views and landscapes. Mrs Smith would much rather decamp to a dry and dusty 'warm place' for the Winter but it would have to be without me ......  which is starting to sound more and more attractive to her :D

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Heated gloves stay with the rider not the bike. Just saying. 

Andy

Ooh you bike changers you :D

• Haha 2

I love my heated gloves  Got three pairs and two controlers  + jacket and seperate controler for that all gerbins not cheap but work well I like me your a bit cheap look "used"  two of mine were sols as used one pair look now but no tags 1/2 price from USA and pair arrived today ew witth tags less than 1/3 price !

• Like 2
larryblag

I can't stand the feeling of bulky winter gloves. I prefer my summer gloves and heated grips but its great to have choice. I know this limits our riding season somewhat but it's the way me and Kels roll. 👍😁

• Like 1
fred_jb
7 minutes ago, larryblag said:

I can't stand the feeling of bulky winter gloves. I prefer my summer gloves and heated grips but its great to have choice. I know this limits our riding season somewhat but it's the way me and Kels roll. 👍😁

I've never been attracted to the faff of heated winter clothing either.  For me, on the hands it's summer gloves, heated grips and handguards to keep the cold wind off, while for the body I've always found that plenty of layers is enough to keep me toasty - long johns under the trousers and tee shirt, heavy shirt and padded gilet under the jacket.

• Like 1
ChrisCB

I'm really glad I ticked the box in the options list for a heated steering wheel for the winter. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, larryblag said:

THat is why heated grips look at gerbins not cheap but the "not for big bike"  fabric one are warm and not at all bulky !

Add the heated grips and Handguards I guess I good down to -5 !

#

Edited by davebike
  • Like 1