Integra seat damper?

omy005

Hello all, has anyone replaced the damper (item #20 below) that holds the seat up while refueling? I had a look on my bike and the bottom mount looks very difficult to access? Or even get a spanner near it.

Thanks.

spacer.png

Sorry i can't not help with this one, as both of my Integree:whistle: were good without faults..BUT:

Run a ruler over it and go look at that Banggood site.. We have a place in the UK that makes them and are not expensive.

6 hours ago, kayz1 said:

We have a place in the UK that makes them and are not expensive.

Thanks for the reply, Getting a new one is easy, but how do you get to the bottom mount with disassembling half the bike?

DaveM59

You can't. Mine was useless too and I gave up on changing it as not only couldn't I find a non Honda one for a ridiculous price but it was a pain to get to, so I used a steel wire prop instead that folded down and clipped into a plastic retainer a bit like a miniature car bonnet prop.

Edited by DaveM59
trisaki

Pretty certain  I have a newone sitting  in my spares box - I would sell if any one  wants it 

Changed mine couple of months ago. It is a ball and socket arrangement, I found it was easier to use a long screwdriver end ease the socket out of the ball (leaving the ball still fixed to the bike). On fitting the new part I just pressed the the new  parts socket back into the ball, took about 10 mins. Hope this makes sense. Bought the new part on that auction site £35, but postage was arround £20 (from France).

8 hours ago, ralph503 said:

I found it was easier to use a long screwdriver end ease the socket out of the ball (leaving the ball still fixed to the bike). On fitting the new part I just pressed the the new  parts socket back into the ball, took about 10 mins.

Thanks for this info, I thought I had to remove the ball fitting from it's mount. Looks like I can just pop it off like you suggested. 👍

I'll give it a go. 

That worth knowing I bet I have to change one sooner or later !

Forgot to mention, I didn't take off any plastic, just remove the push pin nearest the damper and ease the panels back, this gives enough room to access damper. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When my damper failed I just used a bungie cord hooked from the seat to the mirror. Kept it under the seat ... simples! 

15 hours ago, bob b said:

When my damper failed I just used a bungie cord hooked from the seat to the mirror. Kept it under the seat ... simples! 

Good idea, thanks for that!