Stubborn rear wheel

Bikerboy1000

Bikerboy1000

I have just been fitting a chain oiler to my 2019 nc750x DCT and noticed that when on the centrestand the rear wheel was not turning as freely as it should be, it was as if there was resistance like the brakes were binding, the first thing I checked was to make sure i didn't have the handbrake on which I didn't, I then turned on the ignition and suddenly the rear wheel was spinning freely as it should be, 

Has anyone else noticed this ?

outrunner

Yes, it's caused by stopping the engine while in gear causing a bit of drag in the transmission.

Andy.

Bikerboy1000

Thanks Outrunner, that makes perfect sense as the bike always goes into neutral when switching on the ignition, I need to get used to neutral before switching off,

, I have only been out on bike 3 times since I got it last week

2 hours ago, Bikerboy1000 said:

Thanks Outrunner, that makes perfect sense as the bike always goes into neutral when switching on the ignition, I need to get used to neutral before switching off,

, I have only been out on bike 3 times since I got it last week

Really important you put a DCT in neutral before you switch off. Also, switch off using the key rather than kill switch, there is some discussion about key/kill switch, but for safety sake I think it's best to use the key, it may be ok to use kill switch but why risk it?

I doubt 3 times will lead to anything going wrong.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by MatBin
Bikerboy1000

Thanks Mattbin, Once i get used to putting in neutral it should become second nature hopefully.