Opinions? snake oil or worth a look?

Poohstyx

outrunner

In my opinion it is just another gadget to take money from the unsuspecting, My NCX now has 68000 miles on it and I have never felt the need to mess with the fuel system, other opinions are available of course. :)

Andy.

• Like 3
Andy m

Just another emissions defeat type device that will trick the EFI into running richer. If the odd stutter up the rev range bothers you to the extent of blowing £142,plus the extra fuel, plus any hassle when it fails, give it a go. 

I never found the NC's emissions restrictions in any way offensive. This device isn't going to give you another 3000 rpm or 15HP to play with. 

Look at Power Commander too, a more established brand doing the same thing. 

Andy

• Like 1
jeremyr62

The fact they offer zero information about what it can do, like a before and after dyno run for example, should warn anyone off. You could buy one and send it to bigclivedotcom on Youtube who could reverse engineer it to see what it really does.

Pretty much my thoughts, rip off price, no details or figures.

But worth asking on the off chance that it does something useful (as does occasionally happen).

With that question answered I can safely ignore it now.

• Like 1
listener
4 hours ago, jeremyr62 said:

The fact they offer zero information about what it can do, like a before and after dyno run for example, should warn anyone off. You could buy one and send it to bigclivedotcom on Youtube who could reverse engineer it to see what it really does.

I was just going to say, "I hope it works better than the OBD2 units appearing on Big Clive's channel."

Snake oil for the (mobile) masses. :angry:

outrunner

And people actually buy this junk thinking it is a great thing?

Andy.

• Like 1
listener
1 hour ago, outrunner said:

And people actually buy this junk thinking it is a great thing?

Do you want cruise control on your motorcycle?

Uses advanced technology* to fit any size handlebar.

Quick assembly and disassembly.

Available in various colour ways to match the bike's livery.

Only £199 (no refunds)

*Patent pending.

1e30b2f7-b2a4-497e-97ee-73ef436363f2_1.5

• Haha 5

I may be a bit ok a lot biased but anything claming to improve fueling that dose not require setting up isa bit no a lot suspect

You may improve it with a power comander bazze etc but it will need serious dyno time which costs £££ !

• Like 2

I tried the Rapid tune device on my Africa Twin DCT. Used more fuel and exhaust smelt 'rich'. No improvement in the low speed running it was alleged to cure. Took it off, and adopted the technique of dragging the rear brake at slow speed, U turns, etc.  The cost of the Rapid tune for outweighs the increased wear of brake pads.

On my Kawa Z900RS, I went the route of a full ECU remap on a Dyno. Very effective, eliminated the snatchy throttle response and gave a measured 5% power increase from 2000 rpm to beyond the redline.

'Snakeoil' don't work. Science/mechanics does.

• Like 1