Switched power for heated grips

cschaeff

57 minutes ago, cschaeff said:

Could someone suggest where I can tap into for switched power on a 19 NC 750x?

Thanks in advance

I imagine the 750x is not so much different from the 700x(2012 model) - I took mine from the rear light.  (drop the plastics under the pillion seat and the wiring is easily accesible) 

outrunner

I have Oxford grips on mine and they have a voltage sensor on them that switches them off when they sense there is no charge going to the battery, so they are wired direct to the battery.

Andy.

If you want to fit a number of things including heated grips the auxiliary loom might be worth purchasing.

• Like 1

Another vote for the auxiliary loom extra fuse and relay required 

You could do as we do for some customers and use the power feed to the front brakelight but you have to earth -ve back to the frame  top raditor mount is good !  Handlebars may not be well connected as though the hear race bearings !

Andywills77

I used the accessory loom and fitted a usb charger at the same time to the funk. The biggest pain is getting the panels off and on but it's a neater job and "should" be easier to fit other things in future if I wanted

If you fairly flexable you can plug the accesery loom into the main loom socket just by removing the side pannel screw easing the pannel out the footrest bar and sliding your hand in not easy but very quick  I know I did so !

Like a few others I went down the healtech thunderbox route, easy to fit and no hunting about in the bike electrics. Attach to battery and hey presto .it's worked brilliantly for the grips and spotlights on my 16 ncx.

Andy m
3 hours ago, cschaeff said:

Where can I find an acc. loom?

Under the fake tank

20160910-142122-28957476274-o.jpg

20160910-142333-28957501194-o.jpgThis was a 2016 S. Some seem to have it on the other side. 

Andy

5 hours ago, cschaeff said:

Where can I find an acc. loom?

On the left hand side of the bike, or at a Honda dealer if not yet fitted, plus the relay and fuse also required.

Socket is cliped to LHS funk

parts are

Two parts: relay kit 08A70-MGS-D30 and secondary cable 08A70-MJL-D30  from a honda dealer