bar ends

Guest driver62

Guest driver62

my bar ends are loose, throttle side can be wiggled side 2 side by 2mm and clutch side can be turned round ! i have tried to tighten throttle side screw up by 3 turns and made no difference, im worried to go any more as the screw seems tight to turn and worried about snapping it. so any ideas before i visit my dealer and look abit of a div when he gets a screwwdriver out keeps turning screw till tight. not sure if it would come under warrenty or id be charged for the pleasure ?

Rocker66

It would be a very poor dealer that charged you for that especially if you bought the bike there

• Like 1
Guest Silver Hawk

The "wiggle" doesn't sound right but I can certainly turn my bar ends no problem even though the centre screw is tight. I think this is normal.

Edited by Silver Hawk

Same here...no wiggle but they do turn

Guest motorboy

Yes they will wiggle and will turn around if you look at a parts break down you will see what I'm talking about there is a long piece of lead on two rubber mounts in the bar that's what the black weight is attached to it can't come out to easy grab the black weight and tighten the screw on the end and that's it

Guest Big Den

Should have red thread lock on the screw, took mine out last week to fit ktm handguards and both had red locktite on the threads, same as above turn but not loose

Rocker66

My clutch side one turns but no wobble. Throttle side has no movement

steelhorseuk

Mines exactly the same. I took the clutch side off to have a look if there was a problem but I could not see anything I could do to improve it.

I just screwed it on and it's fine but still swivells 360. Next time I pop into the dealer I will check a new one and see if it does the same!

Mark

Guest driver62

my bar ends are loose, throttle side can be wiggled side 2 side by 2mm and clutch side can be turned round ! i have tried to tighten throttle side screw up by 3 turns and made no difference, im worried to go any more as the screw seems tight to turn and worried about snapping it. so any ideas before i visit my dealer and look abit of a div when he gets a screwwdriver out keeps turning screw till tight. not sure if it would come under warrenty or id be charged for the pleasure ?

visited dealer today have paperwork done for chain recall, asked about bar end and he sent mechanic out to check and tighten, the trick was to hold the black bit and tighten screw at same time i only tightened screw so just turned round without tightening. thanks kestrel honda no charge.

Guest driver62

Check post #5

yes sorry did read this but didnt realise bar end and weight were same thing , so got abit confused ! will not be entering for mastermind this year !