2014 NC750 Sprocket Torque Settings

dunx675

Hi everyone.  Its chain and sprocket time for my 2014 NC (its DCT if that makes a difference).

Please can someone tell me the correct torques for the front sprocket bolt, and the rear sprocket nuts.

Thanks

Dunx

PS Does anyone do a manual for the NC?  There's enough of them around, and seemed to be owned by the sort of people who do their own servicing.

Front sprocket nut =54 N.m

Driven sprocket nut = 108 N.m

From page 3-22 (maintenance section) of service manual 2012-2014.

3 hours ago, djsb said:

Front sprocket nut =54 N.m

Driven sprocket nut = 108 N.m

From page 3-22 (maintenance section) of service manual 2012-2014.

Thanks, but are those the right way round?  The  rear wheel sprocket carrier studs look too small to take 108Nm?

Various threads on here with folks (inc me) asking 'What is the torque for XYZ?'. Does anyone have a link to a list which errr lists the torque value for everything that needs torquing on nc models? A link / list just seems a much easier approach! Thks

trisaki

I normally  just put a question into  Google 

Ive checked the figures in 2 service manuals (a printed out version and an older 700x downloaded one) and at several places and they all say the same thing. I suspect that the figures in the manual are wrong. Can't remember what torque value I tightened mine to. I'd agree that 108N.m seems a bit excessive. In which case I would go by the feel and tighten as much as you can or choose 54N.m for both? Or listen to someone who does this day in and day out.

Edited by djsb
  • Thanks 1

Even the new workshop manual downloaded from this site quotes the same figure. I'm not sure if the cush drive has any influence on this.

• Thanks 1

Thanks DJSB for the clarification and checking.  It might be the nuts used on the sprocket carrier.  They look like they are Stay Loks or similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t go as far as 108nm. In fact I don’t even bother with a torque wrench on the wheels now. The front is pretty tight and the rear is really tight.

Edited by wjvh
  • Like 1
Steve Case

Front doesn't need to be as tight as it's splined, rear is only held on by the studs and nuts.

• Thanks 1