Dct shifting to manual by itself

Bikerboy1000

Bikerboy1000

Hi, I have a  69 750x and has done 7000 miles, sometimes when driving in sport 1 I find it suddenly changes to manual mode on its own, I took out 2 year extended warranty, anyone else had this problem or know what causes it thanks

Edited by Bikerboy1000
poldark

That's a new one, never seen reference to that happening before.

Not trying to insult you but are you absolutely sure your not twitching your right hand (maybe with the excessive power!) and flicking it into manual mode? 😎

Bikerboy1000

I am on holiday today any out on bike, I will keep hand well away from a/m lever and double check

• Like 1
MatBin
22 hours ago, Bikerboy1000 said:

Hi, I have a  69 750x and has done 7000 miles, sometimes when driving in sport 1 I find it suddenly changes to manual mode on its own, I took out 2 year extended warranty, anyone else had this problem or know what causes it thanks

What do you mean, does it not change up through the gears at all as you accelerate. You mean a 69 plate I assume? :)

MikeBike

I changed from a 2015 DCT to a 2021 DCT and I initially thought that in S mode it had somehow come out of outo mode and must be in M.

But in fact it was just holding on to the gears when I had been a bit lively in the revs and overtakes. I was doing 42 in 2nd.

Have a look at the display and see if it truly has changed from D to M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 11 months later...
baben

Out this morning and mine did this. Joining A11 it hit the limiter so I changed up using paddles. How do I know it is in manual mode? Nothing indicated on the screen...

listener
1 hour ago, baben said:

Out this morning and mine did this. Joining A11 it hit the limiter so I changed up using paddles. How do I know it is in manual mode? Nothing indicated on the screen...

You can use the paddles to override the gear selection, even if you're in Automatic mode.

When in Manual mode, the gear indicator area on the dash will have nothing displayed above the indicated gear.

In Automatic mode it shows the S or D 'wedges'.

Edited by listener
  • Like 1
baben

Update. I had indeed knocked it into manual mode when adjusting my heated grips. The latest dash on my 2021 model gives no obvious sign that you are in manual - except the D in the panel on the right disappears. This is the bit you can set in user mode to tell it when to change gear so of course, in manual mode it is missing. Dash is very different to earlier versions.

I routinely use the paddles to knock it down a gear or two for overtakes etc and sometimes to change up if I feel it is being lazy and hanging onto a gear too long.

Edited by baben
  • Like 3
PoppetM
3 hours ago, baben said:

Update. I had indeed knocked it into manual mode when adjusting my heated grips. The latest dash on my 2021 model gives no obvious sign that you are in manual - except the D in the panel on the right disappears. This is the bit you can set in user mode to tell it when to change gear so of course, in manual mode it is missing. Dash is very different to earlier versions.

I routinely use the paddles to knock it down a gear or two for overtakes etc and sometimes to change up if I feel it is being lazy and hanging onto a gear too long.

It’s the same on the Forza, I must have knocked it in to manual with my bulky gloves, was leaving work and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t changing up, then realised drive dials were blank. Reached a set of lights, changed the mode then 50% of the drive dials lit up ( I’m a wimp, I stay in standard mode). But it’s not immediately obvious you have done it!

• Like 3
baben
22 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

It’s the same on the Forza, I must have knocked it in to manual with my bulky gloves, was leaving work and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t changing up, then realised drive dials were blank. Reached a set of lights, changed the mode then 50% of the drive dials lit up ( I’m a wimp, I stay in standard mode). But it’s not immediately obvious you have done it!

You really should play with user mode - makes the bike behave how you want it to not how Honda San thinks it should.

• Like 2
PoppetM
6 minutes ago, baben said:

You really should play with user mode - makes the bike behave how you want it to not how Honda San thinks it should.

When I am braver, only had it a few weeks 😀

• Like 4
poldark
35 minutes ago, baben said:

So not Honda San but Honda Sam then 😂

• Haha 2
listener
4 hours ago, baben said:

Update. I had indeed knocked it into manual mode when adjusting my heated grips. The latest dash on my 2021 model [...] Dash is very different to earlier versions.

Ah! Didn't think of that. :BangHead:

I've just had a look at the 2022 manual and I can understand why it's so easy to hit the AT/MT switch.

I'm not sure what was wrong with the forward positioned trigger on the earlier models. :nuts:

• Like 1
MatBin

My auto car, also a Honda, seems to behave in a similar manner, if it's in D or S, the two auto options available, and I hit the paddles it stays in manual mode for quite a while especially if I slow down then accelerate, it doesn't seem to want to change up.

Edited by MatBin