2017 dct that wont go into S ?

Davebox

Hi all yes I'm a newbie so please don't be too harsh if I get the terminology wrong, But I've been looking at a 2017 dct that allegedly rides fine in Drive it has L in the dash ("that I presume is limp mode")where you would ordinarily see D/S when in sport mode I haven't ridden it myself but the owner tells me it rides as it should when in D, I can do pretty much anything when it comes to maintenance and repair but dct electricals are a bit higher wizardry for me can anyone give me a clue other than old battery as it seems to spin over well and fire up straight away so I don't think battery is the problem ???

Thanx very much in anticipation of your flood of answers Ha ha 

Regards Dave

davebike

It may be stuck possiably part way though a DCT reset L indicating too cold engine to carry out reset

Getting it really HOT fan on and then carring out a fresh DCT reset may help

You need to read fault codes,the stored ones! I would bet  Speed sensor error will be in there

Speed sensor is on top the gearbox there are 3  one for the speedo and one on each imput shaft

I am just dealing with this for the first time on a coustomers bike  New sensor are £250 ish but you can find used fro £50

• Thanks 1