Not a question but a Shout out to Alan Lear Motorcycles Winchester

PoppetM

PoppetM

We always hear bad reviews, so I wanted to spread some positive reviews. Most of you know that I ride and I don't "spanner" the bikes myself.  A google search for a rear tyre requirement for Furby resulted in finding a gem of a family business here in Central Winchester, a ten minute stroll from my office. 

They ordered the tyre Tuesday, and I booked the bike in for today. I dropped it in at  8:30 am and got a call back at 10:30 to say it was all done. 

Their workshop is spotless.  They had spotted an issue with my rear caliper, one of the pistons was very loose and had tightened it up and checked the front for me free of charge. Had a nice chat with all three of them (Enfield and BSA owners) and a drool over a Ducati Scrambler that has not been treated well (parked outside with no cover... sacrilege)

Furby is now booked in with them for his 8,000 mile service in August after JOGLE and Roxy will go in at some point too when I have worked out her mileage. 

As I rode back in to the garage at work, our Tenant stopped me (also a biker) for a natter filling me in on his welsh bike trip (his bum still hurts) and gave the rear tyre /  brake the once over while I cuddled his spaniel and said he has used them for 20 years on all of his bikes. He is on a Triumph Tiger Sport and a Street Glide. 

So if you are in this area and need someone to "spanner" I recommend trying Alan Lear Motorcycles. 

Very happy I no longer need to take the day off work or organise a courtesy bike :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Rocker66

Good to read somebody giving a positive review of a dealer which shows that despite the comments from some people there are good ones out there.

• Like 2
PoppetM
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

Good to read somebody giving a positive review of a dealer which shows that despite the comments from some people there are good ones out there.

Not a dealer :) independent motorcycle repair shop :) 

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 3