Broken turn signal switch

Hue

Hello,

Just got an NC700X as my first bike but before I can ride it I need to fix a few issues. I encountered a problem, when trying to fix my turn signal switch, it works but doesn't want to pop back when I press it and in general feels quite loose. I tried taking apart the handlebar controls to see if there is a missing or broken spring or something, but I can't seem to open the housing, in which the actual switch is in. I couldn't find anything about the disassembly on the internet or the service manual, so maybe someone has been in this situation and could help me out.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Hue

Here is the part, which I couldn't pull out or disassemble.

MPG100

Assuming a new one is £££ perhaps try to get a salvage one?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MPG100 said:

Assuming a new one is £££ perhaps try to get a salvage one?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking at this point. Probably going to look for a salvaged bike to replace the part all together. Thank's for the sugestion.

Edited by Hue
Mistake.
MPG100

Let us know how you get on, one prob might be that there are so few ncs around let alone ones that have been scrappped......... Good luck!

16 hours ago, MPG100 said:

Let us know how you get on, one prob might be that there are so few ncs around let alone ones that have been scrappped......... Good luck!

Well I found a few scrapped nc700x's in my area, but people are asking 60 euros for the whole switch assembly. Probably just going to try to force open my broken one and if I fail to fix it, then I will dish out the money for a new one. The price is not that bad, but it seems like it should be a much cheaper fix. Will keep this post updated.

• Thanks 1