Sticking indicator switch

Jdpuddy

Anyone experienced their indicator switch sticking? Seems to get stuck on occasionally. Any recommendations for lubricant spray (for the switch 😉)

count von count

Interested in the replies. Mine is a bit flaky indicating left, sometimes needs a couple of shoves to get going. And generally feels a bit sticky.

MatBin

WD 40 is worth a try, used it on previous bikes.

I’ve noticed this on a few bikes. I think it’s down to how we press the switch sometimes, rather than just pushing left or right, we may be pressing a bit too much up or down pressure, if that makes sense? 

• Like 3
davebike

Mine dose this sometimes  I use Wurth's 2040  bit like WD40  so I guess that will wok as well

I try to remember to give it a suqart about once a mounth but mine lives outside and is ridden in all weathers and most days

Gringo

Only happened a few times on my NC750X. This was in the early days after purchase. I put it down to lack of use after sitting in a showroom. Seems ok now though - I've not squirted any WD40 in there though...yet.

baben

I give sticky switches a squirt of electrical contact cleaner stuff - seems to work.