NC750x (year 2020)

Henrik Boensvang

Henrik Boensvang
7 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

Have you connected the sub harness to the correct plug, have you tried disconnecting the sub Harness and removing the relay to see if the bike starts.

The side stand, is just worth  try.

You’re right about the sub harness plug it’s situated under the seat. I was referring to my installation of the “12 V lighter socket” which I, per instructions, have installed in the frunk.

I’ve taken some photos. But I don’t know how to attach them in posts on this forum. I can only insert image from url.

How can I check a faulty side stand switch?

Rocker66
2 minutes ago, Henrik Boensvang said:

You’re right about the sub harness plug it’s situated under the seat. I was referring to my installation of the “12 V lighter socket” which I, per instructions, have installed in the frunk.

I’ve taken some photos. But I don’t know how to attach them in posts on this forum. I can only insert image from url.

How can I check a faulty side stand switch?

•  

Hi go www,postimage.org  (its free)  when you have done that click the upload button and select your picture. With choose images button. Once your picture has uploaded you will see a selection of option. Highlight the one that says Direct link and save it. All you have to do then is paste it in your post. That probably sounds more complicated than it actually is.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 3
Grumpy old man

Have you tried disconnecting the sub-harness?

Henrik Boensvang

Yes, the sub-harness is completely disconnected.

I’ve tried to create an album here.

1st Photo - I’ve marked a small connector which another poor guy on the forum gave a hint about. It’s roughly around the NC750x logo, and this seems to be ok. I’ve wiggled the cables and it’s clear that the fuel pump doesn’t run, if that connector isn’t fitted. So it works. (You can also see the sub-harness bot being connected on this photo.)

2nd photo - is the side stand connector. It seems fine? 

3rd photo - (Top arrow) is the 12 volt outlet which I installed. It has a long cable which disappears in front of the frunk and terminates in nothing (right side circle) i.e it’s not connected to anything but the air. This should be connected to the Sub-harness through it’s 1 amp fuse. (Bottom arrow) is the factory installed subharness outlet, which isn’t connected to anything. And the 7,5 A fuse + relay is not connected.

4th photo is the Top box rack I have removed.

5th photo is proof I’ve removed the nuts holding the pannier stays.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Wg3yVvp

11857-F35-F7-D4-44-CD-9437-88438-FFAA162

1341-F1-E5-F7-C6-442-B-96-F4-B9-E1-FA8-F

251506-DF-F4-BF-40-FE-B0-F6-47635-BFE8-C

6-E193962-1992-4420-B991-D558-F1-A177-CD

802-EAD26-2-D68-4-FC3-8-E54-1-AE18-EE4-F

Edited by Henrik Boensvang
Inserted photos from photo service
Viator

@Henrik Boensvangfrom the video it sounds like simple fuel starvation, are you really sure you have enough in the tank? I would be putting a litre or two more in and trying it again just to rule that out before looking elsewhere👍

• Like 1
Henrik Boensvang
6 minutes ago, Viator said:

from the video it sounds like simple fuel starvation,

@Viator, Yes I’ve been visiting the same thoughts. So I went by the gas station to get fresh fuel. It’s one bar from the full.

969542-C4-9-F8-D-4317-B42-D-ED0-D4-D8922

• Like 1
Grumpy old man
9 minutes ago, Viator said:

@Henrik Boensvangfrom the video it sounds like simple fuel starvation, are you really sure you have enough in the tank? I would be putting a litre or two more in and trying it again just to rule that out before looking elsewhere👍

Well that would be a bugger 🤔🤣

Grumpy old man

@Henrik Boensvang  Sorry I can't help any more but I'll certainly be following this thread. 

Please keep us informed.

Good luck 

Grumpy 

Yes, I’ll be interested to see how this ends. Can’t think it’s gonna be anything complicated and must be linked to recent modifications work. Fuel starvation almost for sure, and probably something simple as Slowboy Brian found out when setting off for JoGLE.

• Like 1
Henrik Boensvang

I threw in the towel. The mechanic is back to work on Monday. I’ll update when there is news.

A warm thank you to all for your assistance!

• Thanks 3
Grumpy old man
On 29/07/2022 at 12:10, Henrik Boensvang said:

I threw in the towel. The mechanic is back to work on Monday. I’ll update when there is news.

A warm thank you to all for your assistance!

Any news here?

• 2 weeks later...
Henrik Boensvang

I got the bike back from the workshop this friday.

It was the fuel pump which was defective. He explained to me that it couldn’t deliver sufficient pressure.

He we’re very diplomatic, when I asked whether it was my installation of the sub harness + panniers which might have been the course, and said.. I don’t know but it’s covered by the guarantee.

again thanks for all your assistance!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2