Which oil filter? 2021 not listed anywhere

treedweller

treedweller

Just bought a ‘21 NC750X with 1200 miles. No maintenance records so I’m assuming I’m due the 600 mile oil change. 

even with the owner’s manual and the service manual, I can’t find a part number for oil filter. Websites that sell parts list a filter for bikes up to 2020 but none for the newer model. Meanwhile, some filters say they are universal. Honda dealer websites are useless—they just allow me to submit a form and wait for someone to contact me with fitment answer. 

Can I use the same filter as on the 2020? Are universal filters really universal? Or do I need a specific filter to the newer bikes?

Hopefully you’ll be able to see the type if you can see the currently fitted filter.

My bet is that it will be the usual Honda one, so no change from older NC.

I use Hi Flo filters, from memory I think it’s an HF204.

Defender

This may or may not be of any help, but as far as I'm aware I think Honda only have/make/supply two metal cased filters for their current(ish) bikes, and being Honda I'd be very surprised if your 2021 filter is different from my 2012 NC700X, the part number for a genuine Honda filter is 15410-MCJ-505. 

• 2 weeks later...
treedweller

Well, I never heard back from any of the Honda dealers I sent queries to, so I went ahead and ordered the HF204. 

can’t guarantee it would be listed as officially correct, but it looked to be the identical size and spun on easily, so I’m satisfied it’s ok. For the record, the old one said Honda 1M30A on the side. The new box (Hiproflow) did not list that as any of the compatible part numbers, so not sure how relevant this is. 

anyway, it seems fine now. Will update if I discover anything that might raise doubts about its fitment. 

thanks for the nudges in the right direction. 

Edited by treedweller
  • Like 1