2013 Honda NC 700X DCT Gear shifting error

Lonesome Rider

Lonesome Rider

Hello, everybody, I have Honda 2013 NC 700 X DCT, and I have a Gear shifting problem, I was advised to change the gear shifting motor and the RPM sensor, however, I already did that and it didn't solve the problem..! Can anybody help for advice I am ready to answer any questions about the sequence of the problem until now..

The problem still exists, and the current symptoms are that the bike accepts the shift of the first gear, and as soon as it shifts to the second gear, the gearbox disconnects the shift sequence and continues on the first gear.

About the indications in the dashboard, sometimes it flashes long L later or short L letter, however when the gearbox stop shifting it just continue flashing with a dash ( - ) sign.

Can anyone help or suggest solutions to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

davebike

Flashing the l in the gear posision part of the dash sujests the bike is stuck half way though a dct reset

With the engine at tempature

turn off  hold down drive mode turn on when Fi light goes out reless d then enter D D N D N

restart engine run untill drive and sport simbles go

Turn off and restart

try it for a bit but if problem is still there

Have you got a Fi light up when gear changing is poor?

If not you may have a broken gear bix pin other faults almos all bring up the fi light

• Like 2
Lonesome Rider

Hi Dave,
Thank you for fast reply, 
I would like to tell you that the first thing we found out when we checked the bike was the pin, and it was broken, so we got a replica for this pin, a really good one, since it's very difficult here to find a proper spare parts supply, and we installed it, the replica worked well, but the error remained as it is! Also the Fi light doesn't flash.. 

d15b20dd7882ecf9c2da72b80414723e.jpg683dff319a03a0cd13f765c606be9b14.jpg

Edited by Lonesome Rider
davebike

As you done the pin you need to read the stored fault codes

Could still be a weak shift motor  or faulty VS sensor 

I have seen a badly warn gearbox but the bike was doing fast food delivery and from the wear on the side stand beeing stoped with it ! I pulles the VS sensor and the were filling on the magnetic end!

Did you redo the DCT reset it vital after any enging / gearbox work even an oil change