My bike has turned into a pogo-stick overnight

rjp996

rjp996

Got the NC out last night for a late night trip into London / Work and quickly realized I was riding a PoGo Stick....

Ride comfort was great... however it bounced all over the place.

Took a look and the linkage on bottom shock mount is all covered in pil, from the shock :-(

Its done well as I think its managed about 80k on that shock

If anyone upgraded their stock NC750x shock and has it languishing in their garage (I have parts for my old cars from 20 years ago ;-) and would be interested in selling it, I'm in the market for one :-)

Edited by rjp996
  • Like 1
jeremyr62

I have a almost new 2018 Integra shock. It looks the same but it's shorter. If you are challenged in the height department it might work for you..

My measurements so might not be dead accurate.

2018 Integra shock is 300mm

2016 on S shock is 305mm

Afaik the 2016-2020X shock is 312mm

That's at the shock. At the axle is a completely different kettle of fish.

rjp996

Thank you, but having done some measurements I don’t think it will work, but thank you for looking. 

mine went at 25000 miles , rear shock completely shot. so got Hagon fitted front springs and rear shock. My garage deals with couriers and has had them go at 15000 and clutches at 20000miles but he has just bought one and likes it. my bike rides ok now but still no featherbed.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Case

I had Hagons on a CB250RS 20 years ago and the spring rate was too hard, I know they will change the spring rate if requested but any idea what they put on as standard?

Yup I bought hagons for my Enfield and sent weight and use and far too stuff, just about okayish two up but I want back standard shocks in the end as a more comfortable ride.

I didn't go back to hagon as I thought too much hassle but I guess they may have sent new springs if I returned them