2015 DCT Gear shift issues

sthapa

Hi all 

Recently bought a Honda NCT 2015 DCT. Decent condition, however when I am starting my journey the bike suddenly goes to neutral while i am moving and i cant get it into any gears. Only thing i can do is turn the engine off and on again. I have done a DCT gear reset but no joy. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Is the Fi light up ??

If so read the code

If not it is possiable the shipter pin in the gearbox has snapped 

Caused I think by riders turning the engine off in gear which seens to load the pin

Pin is about £15  but takes hours to fit it is behing the twin clutch assy

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay in getting back. I had given the bike back to garage. They tried to replicate issue and could only do it once for a whole week of short journeys. They changed the oil from a 40 to a 30 and insisted that's fixed the issue. When I rode out of the garage within 30 seconds it happened again. Oh well. The bike was sold with a warranty so I'll raise a claim with them

If the shipter pin has snapped would that mean no gear operation is possible. I can ride the bike ok it's just the start of the journey when I slow down suddenly it cuts out to neutral the engine is still one but I can't shift up or down or even flick to manual. Only a restart solves the issue.

Shifter pin if brokenn gives odd and intermittant issues the pin holds the "ratchet bit" but it mostly stayes in place of its own accord so works sometimes issues with first and seccond + netural are common

I seen bikes the are fine when cold but play up as they get hotter and others that are a pain untill they warm up

Sometimes there is a fault code "mechanical fault gear box" but not always!

• Like 1
jeremyr62
3 hours ago, davebike said:

Shifter pin if brokenn gives odd and intermittant issues the pin holds the "ratchet bit" but it mostly stayes in place of its own accord so works sometimes issues with first and seccond + netural are common

I seen bikes the are fine when cold but play up as they get hotter and others that are a pain untill they warm up

Sometimes there is a fault code "mechanical fault gear box" but not always!

I wonder if other DCT bikes are affected the same way with broken shifter pins or just the NC?

(looks at his VFR1200 DCT...)