NC750X DE DCT Idle Adjust

144herbs

Morning all,

Just bought a well cared for 2016 DCT manufactured in 2014. Simple issue really - appears to have in my opinion a fast idle speed (in the region of 1100rpm according to rev counter bar) This causes the bike to speed along at about 10mph when throttle completely closed. Initially thought I would adjust the idle screw on the carb, but as I have human sized hands, I can't see how this is possible. I am currently searching for info here but as a newbie have to post twice before I can. this is post no. 1. I also think my gear changes are noisier than they should be, so this will be post no. 2 that will allow me to search properly.

Thanks for any comments.

herbs

They are fuel injected so not sure whether an idle screw is a thing any more? Might be worth doing a reset of the electrickery. There is a procedure but I cannot remember what it is! Someone on here will know though. For gear changes check the chain tension is right - DCT is very fussy about that sort of thing. I also think the DCT has separate oil for the gearbox bit and that needs to be of a specific type - check owners handbook. But I am mechanically clueless so don't do anything without someone else on here confirming what I said (or otherwise!)

Thanks for that - I'm blocked from being able to access the info I'm after on here. All I can find are directions where what I need is. Will hopefully be able to clue myself up at some point. Expect I'll have to visit my main dealer and get bent over for something quite simple. Bought it from a Yamaha dealer who gave it full service before delivery - so that might help or not...

There is an adjustable throttle stop at the engine end (carb?) but it is pretty inaccessible. It just seems a high tickover to me.

Appreciate your response

jeremyr62

Think you might have to donate to get access to the info you want.

Yay,

Got access to service manual.

IDLE SPEED: 1,200 ± 100 rpm

So it looks like my bike is as it should be. 

Also what I think of as a carburettor has now become a Throttle Body.

It's not always easy getting old.

Thanks again Baben & Jeremyr for your help.

Off to look for the DCT reset magic now.

• Like 1