Bolt torque specs

Georgio

Hi, I am going to install crash bars on my 2022 NC750X DCT and I need to know what the proper torque is for this bolt:
bolt1.jpg

and for this one:
bolt2.jpg

Could you help me with the bolts' torque specs?

Might be worth having a virtual thumb through the online manuals downloads. They may have those figures buried amongst them somewhere?  I don’t know for sure, but I’d imagine they’d be the same for the earlier and the newest models? 

Found here……….

https://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/files/

Steve Case

Get the bolt strength from the head of the bolt and search internet for that so something like an M5 10.9 is approx. 9nm.

Please remember the 5 in M5 relates to the bolt shaft not the tool that turns the bolt.

Threadlock if your worried about vibration and don't overtighten.

ChrisCB

What make bars are they? Most well known makes like Givi have the torque specs online and in most cases are different to stock.

7 hours ago, 61CJG said:

What make bars are they?

Rgaza https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09688WK84?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I think I found the torque specs: https://www.powermanuals.com/honda-nc700x-nc750x-service-manual-free-download/5/

Rear lower engine hanger nut: Qty 1 / Size 12mm / Tq 59 Nm

Front lower engine hanger bolt: Qty 2 / 12mm / 54 Nm    <---------------

Upper engine hanger bolt: Qty 2 / 12mm / 54 Nm  <---------------

Rear upper engine hanger nut: Qty 1 / 12mm / 54 Nm

• Like 2

Today I installed the crash bars, it is not easy when you do it the first time, challenging but doable :)

I've got a question. During the installation, I found a piece of rubber under my bike. I do not remember dissembling it and could not find a place to put it back.

Either it was a part of the lower cowl or it belonged to other vehicle :)

Could you recognize it? Please tell me where it is from.

20221008-201540.jpg

20221008-201600.jpg

outrunner

Looks to me like one of the rubber cowl fittings, one of mine is prone to falling out when removing the cowl. Check the brackets on the bike where the cowl fits and I am sure you will find one missing.

Andy.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, outrunner said:

Looks to me like one of the rubber cowl fittings, one of mine is prone to falling out when removing the cowl.

Thanks a lot man, found it. This is it:

Capture.jpg

Edited by Georgio
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
cleansideup

Very helpful sequence of queries/answers guys, thank you. I have just purchased a set of Heeds crashbars (a German company) for my brand new 750X and had the same query on torques, because coming from a construction background, I know you can snap a 12mm bolt with over-enthusiasm. Very interested to see the price of those R Gaza bars though , which here in the UK would cost a fortune  ($449 plus $192 shipping on Amazon). I purchased my Heed bars direct from Heeds' (Germany-based) website. They cost a very reasonable £159 ($196) incl delivery (converted from Euros by my card) from the EU and amazingly arrived only two days later, apparently direct from Poland!!

Will let you know how I go on fitting them. Instructions look reasonably clear. Picked up not to loose the mounting bolt spacers between the frame and the engine. Couldn't find any YouTube videos for Heeds bars on an NC750 although other brands are there.

• Like 2