Yet more help please

Steve k

Hi again all, please don't think I'm taking the pi**, I'm trying to find front and rear wheel bearings so I have a set in hand when needed..... currently have front and rear pads and a few other bits and bobs but am having trouble finding what I should be ordering, I can see lots of bearings and can find them with fowlers @25 ish pounds, is this the going rate or can the forum rockstars please suggest who I should be talking too?, I would ideally like to have a complete set including the dust covers for front and back.

thanks again in advance

jeremyr62

The wheel bearings are standard items. If you can find a local bearing supplier, take the old ones in, or if not possible find out the code. They will cost a lot less there.

They are very easy to source.

Edit. Front wheel and rear wheel bearings are both 6204 type. I used SKF 6204-2RSH, which are sealed both sides.
If you want the dust seals, then you can get them from the auction side or Honda.
Edited by jeremyr62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
fj_stuart

As Jeremy says bearings are standard items. The ones he mentions are about £6 each. I recommend Simply Bearings. I would avoid the auction site for such things (fakes?) You can get very cheap ones but I'd stick to name brands unless you enjoy knocking out bearings.

• Like 1

I’ve used these a few times over the years on my Yamaha Fazer. Recommended on that owners forum. 

https://shop.marksman-ind.com/honda-rear-wheel-bearings-969-c.asp

Ive had a quick look for the NC but couldn’t find it listed. It does however state that if you can’t find what you’re looking for, to give them a call. 

15 hours ago, jeremyr62 said:

The wheel bearings are standard items. If you can find a local bearing supplier, take the old ones in, or if not possible find out the code. They will cost a lot less there.

They are very easy to source.

Edit. Front wheel and rear wheel bearings are both 6204 type. I used SKF 6204-2RSH, which are sealed both sides.
If you want the dust seals, then you can get them from the auction side or Honda.

Fantastic I just had a look great price, don't suppose you have the code for the sprocket carrier bearing??

14 hours ago, fj_stuart said:

As Jeremy says bearings are standard items. The ones he mentions are about £6 each. I recommend Simply Bearings. I would avoid the auction site for such things (fakes?) You can get very cheap ones but I'd stick to name brands unless you enjoy knocking out bearings.

just looked on simply bearings thanks so much for the info

jeremyr62
5 minutes ago, Steve k said:

Fantastic I just had a look great price, don't suppose you have the code for the sprocket carrier bearing??

No. You would need to get the code off it. TBH, while I admire your foresight, the reality is you will end up with a box of unused bearings gathering dust, and your living relatives will come across them after your funeral and wonder, "what the hell are these for?". 

I am the same, I pity my kids....

• Haha 5
25 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

No. You would need to get the code off it. TBH, while I admire your foresight, the reality is you will end up with a box of unused bearings gathering dust, and your living relatives will come across them after your funeral and wonder, "what the hell are these for?". 

I am the same, I pity my kids....

I do always find myself in this situation , I always over prepare, thanks for your help its greatly appreciated.

I'd like to add a recommendation for wemoto.com for bike parts (no affiliation).
Always found the site easy to navigate and find parts for most bikes plus prices seem quite good.
I've also heard quite a few others give good recommendations for wemoto

• Like 2
jeremyr62

Those resellers are fine but they are only buying bearings from a supplier,  and we can do the same avoiding the intermediary mark up. Visiting bearing shops is interesting too. Bit like going back in time to when the person behind the counter actually knew what they were talking about.

• Like 1
poldark
1 hour ago, jeremyr62 said:

Those resellers are fine but they are only buying bearings from a supplier,  and we can do the same avoiding the intermediary mark up. Visiting bearing shops is interesting too. Bit like going back in time to when the person behind the counter actually knew what they were talking about.

OK Arkwright...... 

open-all-hours.gif

• Like 1
Slowboy
22 hours ago, Rogue said:

I'd like to add a recommendation for wemoto.com for bike parts (no affiliation).
Always found the site easy to navigate and find parts for most bikes plus prices seem quite good.
I've also heard quite a few others give good recommendations for wemoto

Definitely. A good company to deal with.

• Like 1

I'm obviously not the only one with a garage full of spare parts for bikes I no longer own then........

• Like 1
Slowboy
4 hours ago, Blandy199 said:

I'm obviously not the only one with a garage full of spare parts for bikes I no longer own then........

Not by a long way😂

Bostedsprocket
9 hours ago, Blandy199 said:

I can go one better than that, my garage has a few spares for bikes ive never owned.........

• Haha 9