Handle bars.

bladder

Hi, i have a 2017 nc750s, has anyone swapped the handle bars over from the nc750x, could this be done without replacing brake and electric and throttle cables from the NCX model, what i mean is will the cables on the NCS be to short and need replacing, hope this makes sense, thank you.

Slowboy
26 minutes ago, bladder said:

Hi, i have a 2017 nc750s, has anyone swapped the handle bars over from the nc750x, could this be done without replacing brake and electric and throttle cables from the NCX model, what i mean is will the cables on the NCS be to short and need replacing, hope this makes sense, thank you.

I fitted a set of bar raisers to an S years ago for a friend and needed to use an X brake line and throttle cable set. If your fitting the X bars, I’d expect to have to do that as a minimum. Not sure whether the electrical cables are different though, hopefully someone else will.

• Like 1

thanks for the reply, i already have risers on, i prefer the NCX bar position over mine, its mainly the brake hose which could cause the problem, it runs down from the reservoir on the bars to a junction box below the headlight, that then has a cramped fixing on it, so that could need changing.

ChrisCB

I did a similar job on my 16 CB500F, put 500X bars on and had to replace the brake hose, genuine Honda part from Fowlers was around £120 and took around 2 weeks to arrive as back ordered.

• Like 1

i spoke to fowlers yesterday seeking information, bit of a grey area because of the blame game with insurance people.

ChrisCB
19 minutes ago, bladder said:

i spoke to fowlers yesterday seeking information, bit of a grey area because of the blame game with insurance people.

I just did my research and ordered the parts, declared the change to insurance using all Honda parts which they were happy with.

• Like 1